Dilemma over testing - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-25-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
Registered Member

Dilemma over testing

I'm been thinking alot lately about testing. When I started my FE project in January I set a goal of 40 mixed and 45 highway. My reasoning was I be a good steward of the environment and reduce the amount of energy that I use both in my car and my house. Now here it is in July and I've put almost a 1000 extra miles on my car testing mods than this time last year. So in reality I've gone backward and have lost site of the real reason for it. I've reset the target for 45 mixed and 46 highway by the end of the year but I think that I'll make mods and try to corolate it to the commute which I have good numbers for now. Tomorrow I install the Halo plugs and see where that leads me. I'm sure it will send me to the test loop.

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:50 PM   #2
*shrug*

Well, the thing is, your testing may suck for you, but you're helping set a baseline and provide information for everyone else. I can slap a belly pan on with confidence because the testing out there has been done scientifically and makes sense, and I won't need to drive 200 miles to test it!
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote