Do girls go for 'green' men? - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2007, 08:07 PM   #21
Registered Member

368, but she'd have no issues with a Prius... they have a list and a couple of other things will knock out fe

where we'll sacrifice everything for one thing whether is is fe, ¼ mile times, bling, fit... you name it, women have to satisfy more aspects. Usually newer is better to them, that's the biggest issue I find...

Old 11-29-2007, 10:48 PM   #22
Supporting Member

4bfox -

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bfox View Post
"theclencher" hits the nail on the head (again). My wife wants a different car, not at all concerned about FE, I've tried steering her towards a Civic or Toyota hybrid, no luck.

Probably end up with another SUV like she has now...Ford Explorer, 12-15mpg on a real good day, downwind and downhill.
My wife has been good to me. She doesn't like my car, but she lets me be. She has nudged me towards mini-SUVs at one time or another, and I actually sat in a Subaru Forester, probably one of the safest *real* SUVs. But after she considered a Golf GT (hard to get, hard to maintain), she settled on a thrifty Civic, just like her Dad. I'm very proud of her (Thanks Honey, I Love You!).

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:19 AM   #23

A few years back I came home with a few year old Corvette convertible. Wife flipped out...in a bad way and the next day I returned it...

In my VEGOIL powered Jetta you wouldn't believe the girls that talk to me - actually interested in the car. Not sure how the wife feels about that though I haven't heard the jealous remarks....yet. Also not being troll like ugly and having a very positive attitude and an excellent self esteem go a long ways too.
BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:36 AM   #24
Site Team

I think the "green" cars are generally not a turn-on. The "attractive" cars are the ones that evoke "status" and "power" and "financial well being". Those are the Hummers and not the Geos.

However there are many other ways to be green (besides cars) that many girls find attractive - they think that "doing your part to save the world" is good. Recycling, saving energy, not buying fur coats, etc., can be "cute".

If you march in a "green" protest/demonstration of some sort, the other girls in the demonstration are bound to give you a few extra points. (However those particular girls are probably to "crunchy" for me.)

-BC
Old 11-30-2007, 06:33 AM   #25
VX trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazabi Owner View Post
In my VEGOIL powered Jetta you wouldn't believe the girls that talk to me - actually interested in the car.
Maybe it's the fried chicken smell?! Both of my brothers run Vegoil diesels, but their oil's from Sonic, so they smell like french fries.
4bfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #26

Lately I talk about the car more than I drive it, though when driven it smells EXACTLY like the Deli area in Wal-Mart.

The last few months I've been offered more oil than I have time to go get.

There is a Energy Expo here in a few weeks and I'm trying to get my VEGVW fixed by then. Great place to meet green girls, too bad I have to bring the wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bfox View Post
Maybe it's the fried chicken smell?! Both of my brothers run Vegoil diesels, but their oil's from Sonic, so they smell like french fries.
BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:35 PM   #27
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three6Eight View Post
Haha Im always trying to convince her its a great car, shes not buying it and refuses to be seen in it
Tint the windows with 5% tint. no one will see her.
ffvben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:23 PM   #28
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffvben View Post
Tint the windows with 5% tint. no one will see her.
Good thinking

1998 Buick Regal GS

1999 Chevrolet C2500

1998 Corvette
Three6Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:08 AM   #29
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
nothing would work in my favor at a naked bike ride except maybe a blinding snowstorm or dense fog
LOL! I wish I didn't know what that was like...

"If you want to save gas I suggest you permanently remove the drivers seat and steering wheel. That seems to help." -Oscar Halverson

oneinchsidehop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:34 AM   #30
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPatrick View Post
Ok, I'm not talking Martians here, but guys that are clearly conserned with the environment.
It's usually not considered cool to drive around like you're 85 years old. I don't really concern myself with this since I'm married BUT we all like being a little cool right, so I am just wondering what experiences are in general: do girls find 'green' men cool?
I guess we know that being 'green' has become popular when men start using it to pick up girls
Around here some do, most don't. I've said it before but cars are 5% transportation and 95% jewelry.

So if she thinks guys in Earth First tshirts look cool and she's on her way to a big oil protest rally, maybe. If she listens to Big & Rich (Save a horse, ride a cowboy) She's probably gonna want a guy in a big truck. Rap? Maybe she'd like a Donk, lowrider or Pimp'd SUV. Pop rock? truck/fast and furious/hot rod.

Few women admire penny pinchers, thrifty maybe, "simple" lifestyle? Sure to girls who share the same ethic. But if your so broke you can't even afford to do the speed limit it might raise some concerns about your financial status.

In books and movies cutting-edge fuel savers are portrayed as very smart but socially inept, weak nerds. To conserve or reduce expenditures implies a small fixed income, to spend (bling) infers wealth (or at least cash flow) and confidence that the cash flow will continue. So by driving an expensive to buy/expensive to run car implies "I can afford it baby, and I can afford you too"

I guess it has more to do with how you carry yourself and what circles you want to be popular in.

"If you want to save gas I suggest you permanently remove the drivers seat and steering wheel. That seems to help." -Oscar Halverson

oneinchsidehop is offline   Reply With Quote