Do girls go for 'green' men? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
Supporting Member

Do girls go for 'green' men?

Ok, I'm not talking Martians here, but guys that are clearly conserned with the environment.
It's usually not considered cool to drive around like you're 85 years old. I don't really concern myself with this since I'm married BUT we all like being a little cool right, so I am just wondering what experiences are in general: do girls find 'green' men cool?
I guess we know that being 'green' has become popular when men start using it to pick up girls

McPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:28 AM   #2
Registered Member

No.

One of my buddies took one look at my CRX and said "It's a good thing you're married, cause you ain't gonna pick up any women in that thing."

mrmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:31 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
I get a lot of looks at my white xB and it is the greenest vehicle when considering the cost and recycling aspects as well as it gets pretty darn good mileage for something its size - darn good mileage for things a lot smaller and lower to the ground for that matter too! But yeah I see the smalled girls with 2 kids driving big gas guzzlers all the time.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:22 PM   #4
Supporting Member

Umm, JanGeo...the question is..why are they looking at your xB and are you sure it's not really staring at it?
McPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:08 PM   #5
Registered Member

Well, generally speaking, women don't get all geeked about cars and associated technical details like men do. There is absolutely no shortage of women representing at environmental (and social justice, etc) meetings/gatherings/protests etc. If anything there is a shortage of men at such events, in my experience. Which might work in your favor at the next world naked bike ride http://wiki.worldnakedbikeride.org (a protest against the car culture)
Old 11-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #6
Registered Member

Girls generally find men with lots of green cool!
Old 11-26-2007, 02:15 PM   #7
Registered Member

You misspelled "hookers"
Old 11-26-2007, 02:27 PM   #8
Registered Member

and theclencher does it again. Freaking hilarious! I like to imagine that the real guy behind the name actually looks like Homer Simpson.

I am in the married group, actually since the 23rd, and my wife has no problem with my driving. She loves trucks, but I already told her that she will never be owning one as long as she lives. It has become a bit of a joke, we see one pass us and she goes "Wow, that is so cool," to which I say "that thing is the bane of this world and a deathtrap." Convo usually ends there. Oh, we both live in Japan and trucks are something that are finally starting to really catch on. The SUV craze is hitting here too... although it is lagging behind the USofA.

Way I see it, you don't WANT the girls who look at a guy's worth in the car that he drives. Those types are a dime a dozen.
Erdrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:52 PM   #9

I have picked up as many women in my metro as I have in my camaro/kit car/jeep. Generally women only care about your confidence in yourself and very little about your car. The car is kind of an afterthought for most women over 21 and they really don't care as long as you are independent and confident in yourself.
CoyoteX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:01 PM   #10
Registered Member

I love it.

Erdrick is offline   Reply With Quote