Do You know what engine you have ??? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-06-2016, 03:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question Do You know what engine you have ???

Looked at comparisons of similar cars to mine and found North American drivers have fuel economy nearly the same depending on city versus highway percentage.UK drivers in the same list show they have about 50% better fuel economy surpassing both the US and Canadian governments rating.

HMMMM are they better drivers? poorer emissions standards? better fuel???? Liars???

No out of 28 drivers who report driving a 2016 250 H.P turbo charged car with 9 speed transmission only 19 drivers actually have that car. 2 other non North American drivers also report they have the larger engine so I will give them the benefit of doubt.

9 Brits actually have a lower powered Diesel powered car with HP starting at 150 HP as the higher HP is not sold in the UK. 6 Brits recognized the fact that they had a Diesel engine so I hope those 6 will not be filling up with gas/petrol

For the 2015 model out of 4 drivers, 3 Brits also show driving the higher HP car as well.

I wonder how many drivers with other cars are reporting wrong engines (hope they report the correct manufacturer ) Could this be the Watergate of hypermiling

BlueRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:42 PM   #2
LDB
Registered Member

More and More Americans are "Common Core" products and are probably doing well and pushing the limits to know what brand car they have much less which model and especially which drivetrain.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:31 PM   #3
Registered Member

I drove my car 5 miles today, to get it state inspected. Without any block heater, started cold, drove 2.5 miles, then back home. I probably coasted with the engine off, for at least 60% of that distance, maybe as much as 75%.

65 MPG US.

Only engine available in the US Mirage is the 1.2 liter.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:57 PM   #4
Registered Member

I wonder what the last two posts have to do with the topic????
Old 09-06-2016, 09:08 PM   #5
Registered Member

There is only one engine size for the 2016 Prius, so i know exactly which engine size i have...! Though i believe the composition of the US and UK battery packs is different, and i do wonder if that has a bearing on mpg results for each type...
Old 09-06-2016, 10:28 PM   #6
Registered Member

Nice to know about the Prius but the it has nothing to do with the topic.

The fact is out of 18 Brits driving a Disco, 12 think they have a gas/petrol engine (not available in the UK) 6 owners understand that they have a Diesel engine so 2/3 of Brits driving a Disco and posting in fuelly don't have the basic knowledge of what they drive.

I know it always turns into a cult thing about fuel economy but it is about drivers actually understanding what they drive
Old 09-06-2016, 11:14 PM   #7
Registered Member

Are you referring to the new Disco Sport? That does have gas/diesel options in the UK, although over 90% are diesel according to what's available on Autotrader. EDIT: Nope actually according to Land Rover, it's diesel only here. You were right.

Our fuel is different to that in North America, it burns cleaner and more efficiently, plus as it's about 300% more expensive, most people are more keen to drive carefully and save it that to play "fast and furious" at every intersection like they do in the US

Our emission standards focus a lot on C02 emissions, this is directly linked to the amount of fuel burned, there are more efficient versions of engines here, Bluetech, Bluemotion, Ecotech, Puremotion etc that save a further 10-20% V's the other engines that may only be available in the US.

I've bought up the engine issue before, L3, H4 etc, it should be classed as engine size rather than layout, and gas/diesel/other fuels too. Most people know the size of their engine. Last time i checked, the VW Passat had 52 different engines listed on fuelly, there

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:40 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
Are you referring to the new Disco Sport? That does have gas/diesel options in the UK, although over 90% are diesel according to what's available on Autotrader. EDIT: Nope actually according to Land Rover, it's diesel only here. You were right.
Yes before posting I actually checked my facts and stand by my remarks that 2/3 of Brits do not know what engine they have with a Disco Sport. So on Autotrader in the UK Brits are advertising petrol engines as well?

Nothing to do with the thread but while in the UK I noticed at every light people people taking off quickly, probably because in North America a yellow/amber light means caution while in the UK it seams to mean ready set "GO" LOL North American intersections are much more calmer even in large cities at rush hour.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:00 AM   #9
Registered Member

No the ones listed on Autotrader are "imports" so do have the petrol engine that isn't available, but they are LHD and it says in the description "for European export use only"

Well I cant really compare traffic light habits as there aren't any where I live at all, and very low volumes of traffic too. I guess it's more common in cities for people to hammer the throttle, everyone is in a rush in the city aren't they?

You're always going to find big discrepancies between the same vehicles on here, people live in different places, make different journeys, different roads, driving habits, fuels, engines and transmissions. People with the same car as me are getting 80 MPG where I'm only getting 60, there are many factors that affect fuel economy.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:04 AM   #10
Registered Member

The topic is titled "do you know what engine you have?", so to claim my answer has nothing to do with the topic is a little inaccurate.
If i started waffling on about hybrid stuff, and being vague about my cubic capacity, then you would have me bang to rights with your reply.