Driving-Common sense REQUIRED!!!!!!!!!!! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-22-2006, 06:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

Driving-Common sense REQUIRED!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't drive then get better driving lesson, stop driving, or do some traffic school.

I'm tired of people not knowing how to drive. When you turn right you have take the right lane right next to the sidewalk, not the middle lane and not the left lane. I just almost hit a chick that wanted the #2 lane on a 3 lane road. Not only that, she made the turn not looking. I had to cut into the left lane to avoid her, what if somebody was there.

Next, if it says "NO TURN ON RED", that means no ****ing turn on red. Don't idle behind me and blare your horn and scream turn. If the sign says not to turn left it's there for a reason, you dumb ****.

Next, use turn signals, and look in your ****ing blind spots, I have been run off the road countless of times and even had one car totalled because of this.

Next, Don't use your bright lights driving around the city, or put such bright lights that you blind other drivers. It makes me want to just take a bat to your headlights.

Get some traffic school, you don't have to use a ticket as an excuse to go to traffic school. Go take some driving courses at a driving school. Read the driver's handbook a couple more times. There should be some more laws to get a driving license. it's now easier to get a license than a library card.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:59 PM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
When you turn right you have take the right lane right next to the sidewalk, not the middle lane and not the left lane.
I know someone that got a ticket for that. I believe the officer refered to it as "fanning out". I think the girl that got the ticket said it was more $ than the one she got for running a red light. I told her she should start paying attention to where the hell she was driving.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:28 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunger
I know someone that got a ticket for that. I believe the officer refered to it as "fanning out". I think the girl that got the ticket said it was more $ than the one she got for running a red light. I told her she should start paying attention to where the hell she was driving.
she definetly needs traffic school. I got a ticket 2 months ago. Apperently at night if you get pulled over and you turn off your lights while the cop is getting your info it's a $157 ticket. Who cares if I turned off my lights, you can see the cop lights from a mile away. After all the fees and traffic school it was $217.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:53 PM   #4
Registered Member

this is why defensive driving was invented.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:17 AM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Yeah a ticket for turning off your lights while stopped huh - are you allowed to keep you motor running?
Defensive driving yeah force the other driver out of your blind spot. I think this is nation wide but the car in front has right of way as long as they signal their intent so if you need or want to change lanes you may force cars in your blind spot out of your way as long as you do it safely i.e. with signal and not too quickly to give them time to get the hell out of the way!
I had a little red car behind me yesterday while I was getting off the bridge that tailgated me for several miles while I was coasting and driving as much as 10 over the limit. If I didn't value the rear end of my xB so much I would have shown them my ABS brakes. Maybe a pull up sign in the rear window that says "maintain a safe distance please".
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:00 AM   #6
Registered Member

Preach on!!

I feel the same way. My wife gets irritated with me because I am always pointing out peoples' driving mistakes and *****ing about how many people just suck at driving.

It's seriously like people just don't know the correct driving rules anymore.

Before I was 16, I was in the car during 8 accidents. So you bet your *** that I took driver's ed and paid damn good attention. And the one thing my dad taught me was to ALWAYS know exactly what's going on around your car at all times. Know who is to your left, right, and who's behind you. If you are aware of what's going on around you at all times, then if you have to make a quick decision you won't go plowing into someone.

I'm glad I'm not the only one out there that thinks people suck at driving. I drive a small car (like many of you) and we can't afford to be ignorant behind the wheel.
LincolnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:21 AM   #7
Registered Member

Personally I'm all for having to renew your license perhaps every three years or so. I don't like that it could be a huge cash cow for licensing companies, but I think it would make the roads safer for everyone.

Pilots have to retest and renew all the time. Driving is possibly even more dangerous yet it seems as if people view being able to drive as a right rather than a priveledge. Everyone obeys the laws for their driving tests because it's fresh in their minds, but over time they forget and develop some really bad habits.

Or they're just plain ignorant and think they own the road.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:56 AM   #8
Registered Member

you think you have problems? I got people who drives bulky SUV's that can barely park and barely speak the English language. Damn young generations and their 20 inch spinner rims, then the monster truck is driven by someone in their family that as cheap as they have the last dollar to spend.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:17 AM   #9
Registered Member

Most schools don't have driver's ed anymore cause insurance is too high. I think the insurance should be covered by the insurance companies with drivers ed mandatory. This would save all of us money and lives in the long run.

katman@everestkc.net

For AMSOIL products
https://www.lubedealer.com/kat

For Herbs from the Amazon
https://www.168336.amazonherb.net
GasSavers_katman is offline   Reply With Quote