Email Sarcasm - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-03-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
Registered Member

Email Sarcasm

i had this sent to me today. one of the funniest i've read in a while. is it authentic? you decide...

My daughter (Britany) was required to have a parent send contact information to one of her teachers via e-mail. I forgot to send the e-mail last week and Britany informed me that she was reprimanded by her teacher Monday morning for ?me? not completing the task.

When I asked what the e-mail needed to say, Britany informed me that I needed to include my name, e-mail, contact phone number, and a few other bits of information.

I asked Britany if her teacher would also like me to include 5 words to describe myself, and Britany responded ?Send her whatever you want?. I knew Britany was upset and that I needed to rectify the situation by informing her teacher that I was the one who failed to complete the task, and ?not? Britany.

Anyhow, attached is the e-mail that I sent to her teacher including the ?very relevant? excuse as to why I didn?t send the e-mail on time.

Please excuse the tardiness of this electronic correspondence. Britany, my daughter, informed me of our obligation to forward you my contact information last week. Unfortunately, I was preoccupied with the previously scheduled 2010 ?Triple F? Florida Fantasy Football Draft that took place this past Saturday.

Although it is probably irrelevant to Britany?s overall GPA in your class, I thought you would like to know that I was able to pull off an outstanding opening 3 rounds. Not only was I fortunate enough to draft Tom Brady as my starting quarterback, but I, the owner of the Marshmallow Men franchise, was also able to draft Steven Jackson as my starting running back and Dallas Clark at tight end. Can you believe that?

I never thought Dallas Clark would still be there in the 3rd round. He happens to be a favorite in the ?Triple F? league.

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience for updates with The Marshmallow Men. We have a pretty tough schedule this year. I personally feel that the divisions were ?fixed?. Tell me how it is possible that we made the same division as The Helsinke Smashrods, The Jolly Green Giants, and The Kool Aid Kids? I can see the Kool Aid Kids; but to draw them with both the Smashrods and Green Giants ??..

Wow!: We are in for a tough season.

Thank you in advance for tolerating both Britany and her sarcastic, ?know-it-all?, 38 going on 17, father this school year.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Registered Member

Re: Email Sarcasm

Nice!

Ignorance is lack of knowing; stupidity is false logic
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
Registered Member

Re: Email Sarcasm

yup funny. i had a teacher chastise one of my kids for a decision i made once, so i can relate and understand the author's sarcasm towards the teacher.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote