FYI theimagehosting broken full-size images, new policy? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2006, 05:42 AM   #1
Registered Member

FYI theimagehosting broken full-size images, new policy?

I'm not sure if this is a permanant change on their part, but I noticed recently many of the full-size images I've posted on theimagehosting.com for inslusion in threads here no longer work.

Not sure how many other GS users this is affecting, but I thought I'd bring it up as an FYI.

Of course they have every right to change their (free) service, and I realize it's selfish to complain about a free service. But if this is a new policy, it's a dumb one, because it's likely broken a LOT of web pages.

I certainly don't want to go back through my posts and fix them all.

I wrote them a message to find out more. If I hear back, I'll let you know.

---
Quote:
(To theimagehosting...)

Hi there -

It appears your policy of permitting direct linking to full size images has recently changed. I'm just checking with you to confirm. Nothing on this change appears in your FAQ.

I noticed this because a number of images I had posted to a message board no longer show up, and the "get code" feature for the full size linking option is no longer in the list provided after an upload.

Is this a permanent change at theimagehosting?

I realize it's stupid for me to complain about a free service (which up to now has been wonderfully easy to use and much appreciated), but this change has likely broken a LOT of web pages. If it's a new policy, was there no way to grandfather it based on upload date, to at least preserve existing links?

It has made me hesitant to keep using theimagehosting, since I can't be sure there won't be other fundamental problems in the future.

thanks.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:18 AM   #2
Driving on E

I noticed that too. As a result I had to update all of my d15z1 swap log photos and relocate the pictures to my server. Kind of a pain.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:23 AM   #3
Registered Member

Yes, a pain. I haven't decided if I'm going to bother updating my threads with images.

Unless I hear something encouraging back from theimagehosting, I think I'm just going to stop using the service and look for something else for future images.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:31 AM   #4
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
Yes, a pain. I haven't decided if I'm going to bother updating my threads with images.

Unless I hear something encouraging back from theimagehosting, I think I'm just going to stop using the service and look for something else for future images.
agreed. I used them for ebay auctions, and now I can't do that.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote