Global Warming; 31,487 Scientists say it's FALSE - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-25-2017, 08:05 AM   #1
Registered Member

Global Warming; 31,487 Scientists say it's FALSE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiPIvH49X-E

The Global Warming Petition was started by Dr Art Robinson in response to the false alarm over CO2;
http://www.petitionproject.org/seitz_...

and

Global Warming Petition Project

Signed by 31,487 scientists (in the USA alone); they all say that there is no cause for any alarm over our CO2 emissins.

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:07 AM   #2
Registered Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kotqWXZkZS0

Dr Roy Spencer at Senate Hearing explains that there is no proof of man-made global warming of any significance, and that the claimed 97% concensus among climate scientists is bogus.

The 97% Climate Consensus is Meaningless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nbz6...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roy Warren Spencer is a climatologist, Principal Research Scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, and the U.S. Science Team leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer (AMSR-E) on NASA's Aqua satellite. He has served as Senior Scientist for Climate Studies at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center.

He is known for his satellite-based temperature monitoring work, for which he was awarded the American Meteorological Society's Special Award.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:08 AM   #3
Registered Member

Do NOT believe the lying Mainstream Media Machine.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:12 AM   #4
LDB
Registered Member

Of course it's mostly false. It's primarily the leftist loons like Algore et al and their media lackeys.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:44 PM   #5
Registered Member

On the flip side, there are several million scientists that believe global warming is real and man made, around 97% all told. But people can believe what they like, it's the same with anything, religion, alien life forms, conspiracies of historic events. Hard evidence is never enough persuade people either way.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:27 PM   #6
Registered Member

I see lots of people dicker about whether climate change is real. Curious. Literally everything in the universe is changing, even the universe itself, but some folks adamantly assert Earth's climate isn't changing.

I see lots of people dicker about whether human causes, such as CO2 emissions, have caused, triggered, or accelerated this allegedly non-existent climate change. (i.e., It's not happening, but if it were, it's not our fault). In my mind, regardless if humans are a factor at all in Earth's changing climate:
  • We better adapt quickly to an environment that is quickly becoming less hospitable to humans, and not just in terms of climate. I mean the rapidly declining quality / increasing toxicity of air, water, land, and the food we eat.
  • I believe it's a really good idea for humans to have a much less detrimental affect on the environment, because it ultimately comes back to haunt us. When industry poisons the air, we humans breath it. When a Chernobyl or Fukushima happen, the radiation adversely affects humans. The crap that industry and humanity (e.g., excrement with non-degrading antibiotics) dumps in the water is eventually consumed by us humans.
Pay particular attention to who is telling us "it's all cool... there is no problem... the snowflake Enviro-Nazi moonbat Libtard alarmists are all fake news." You'll notice that interest in a clean environment (and healthy humans) is spun as a War On Oil, War On Coal, or War On Business, etc. You'll notice people telling us we must be prudent by "balancing environmental concerns with economic realities" (Plain English Translation: We believe it's either profit or a clean environment, so you know what's important to us). Follow the money trail.

2015 Audi Q5 "Progressiv" + S-Line + Scuba Blue, 3.0L V6 TDI
(Highest fuel economy for all Audi Q5s on Fuelly!)

SteveMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:09 PM   #7
Registered Member

Down with clean air!

But seriously, you have the privilege of posting this from the United States, which has some of the cleanest air in the developed world. To me, this is one of the best reasons to live in the US and Canada too. Try staying in South or East Asia for a month. Walk the streets, ride in cars with the windows down, go for a jog outside, etc. I couldn't see within a 1 km(?) radius around our car when I visted New Delhi due to the smog and this was on a RURAL motorway well outside the city limits. I would post some pics from my trip, but I don't have any on my computer atm.

Get this, even if you're in an air-conditioned office in New Delhi, the air is still worse than being outdoors on the streets in NYC's Times Square, which is probably like the most populated and dense area of the United States.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx7Ar21_Q1I

It irks me whenever I hear fellow Americans living in the suburbs, usually libertarians (former Ron Paul/Gary Johnson voter here) who want to cut all the important environmental regulations, like DUDE YOU HAVE THE CLEANEST AIR IN THE DEVELOPED WORLD! KEEP IT THAT WAY!
cuts_off_prius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:44 AM   #8
Registered Member

The last time the Earth saw CO2 levels rise this fast with a corresponding jump in global temperatures was just before the Permian-Triassic extinction, also known as the Great Dying. It was the largest mass extinction event on the planet. The only one that affected insects. It took about 10 million years for life here to recover from it.

Seeing as how there is no 2.7 million square mile lava fields currently active on the Earth's surface, that pretty much leaves just one source for all the CO2 today.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:31 AM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuts_off_prius View Post
Down with clean air!

But seriously, you have the privilege of posting this from the United States, which has some of the cleanest air in the developed world.
Things could be better, but they could be worse for the US. They ranked 26th in the Environmental Performance index last year, nearly all the countries above were in Europe of course (with the UK at number 12) and 43rd in the World for air quality. Depending on your sourcing, air pollution is still responsible for 200,000 to 300,000 deaths a year in the US which is still a major concern.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:11 PM   #10
Registered Member

I don't doubt that global warming, nor the standard narrative that human-produced CO2 is largely to blame.

But I really have no belief that politicians in the US at least are acting in good faith. I think it's viewed as another narrative to further our dualistic tribalism here, and that legislation or regulation, or opposition to either of the former, is all driven by partisan fervor rather than good-faith concern.