Great monitor for cheap - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Great monitor for cheap

Don't know if this counts for something that should go under discounts and promotions, but...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...L0B-_-24009163

$179 and free shipping with coupon code EMCLRMT52

I just had to get it today. 23" monitor with full HD 1920x1080p and has HDMI, DVI, and RGB inputs for under $200 shipped. I remember when LCD desktop monitors first started becoming popular (barely) and you couldn't even get a 15" for under $300.

It meets VESA wall mount specs so a hanger can be found almost anywhere. These monitors are cool because if you have them connected to an HD receiver all you have to do is turn the box off and the monitor will go to sleep on its own and a decent 2.1 computer speaker setup can be had for under $50 easily making for a very nice HD setup for cheap.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:19 AM   #2
Registered Member

if you are going to buy anything computer related, newegg is the place.

they always have great deals. got a dual screen video card a few years back for 30 bucks.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:58 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Not only that but they have great customer service. I buy all our computer equipment for work from them.

Plus, they actually tell you if they are out of stock or too low. I had to order 50 SD cards a few months ago and it would tell me right there in the cart if they didn't have enough to fill that order and then updated the quantity to what they did actually have.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:12 AM   #4
Registered Member

newegg is useless for canadians its all ncix here. same idea really, just different company.

looks like a sweet monitor to me. i bought a samsung 24" same resolution couple years ago and i got it for under $450 open box deal. only problem was one dead pixel i can only see with total black and i cant see it unless i get up close and hunt for it.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:25 AM   #5
Registered Member

I've been looking for a rotatable monitor as a additional screen for my next system. Having one screen that can go vertical would help with my usual two monitor scenario: programming while reading documentation. I have a single 22" widescreen now (and I remember thinking my old 19" CRT was big!). I guess I could always glue a lazy susan onto the back of a standard monitor.

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote