Great New Book On Energy Independence, Renewable Energy - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2008, 05:19 PM   #1
Kacirooroo

Great New Book On Energy Independence, Renewable Energy

This past year the exorbitant cost of fuel has seriously damaged our economy.From filling up the car to paying more for every consumer product whose cost of production and shipping was passed on to us there was little left over.We spend less because we have less, this results in even more job losses. OPEC has us over a barrel literally.WE reduce our use cut production by 1.5 million barrels a day & will cut more they say. .Our country needs to invest in reducing our dependence on foreign oil. The 168 Billion they paid out in the last stimulus pkg that did nothing at all for our economy would have gone a long way toward getting us started on the road to energy impendence. Utilizing renewable energy sources would not only provide clean low cost fuel it would create an estimated 1million plus jobs. I just read Jeff Wilson?s new book The Manhattan Project of 2009. I highly recommend this book for anyone interested in seeing America become more energy independent.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:17 AM   #2
Registered Member

The Pickins Plan

There is no one single plan.

Nothing will work if government is running it. In otherwords, if government/environmentalists gets the hell out of the way and allows free enterprise to work, the problem will be solved in short order, as has always happened.

623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #3
Kacirooroo

The Manhattan Project of 2009 Energy Independence Now by Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson has written two books his latest The Manhattan Project of 2009 Energy Independence NOW...This is the most facinating comprehenseive book on oil, it's uses, our depletion, it's effect on our economy as well as every alternative energy source and their potential to replace oil.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
Registered Member

Here is another good source for energy independance -- http://www.pickensplan.com/theplan
Old 11-23-2008, 05:53 AM   #5
Kacirooroo

Our Dependence On Foreign Oil

As exciting new transitions to alternative plans are being made in limited parts of our country such as the company called Better Place creating infrastructures in several California cities to accommodate electric cars the rest of us are stuck with fossil fuels. Recent lower gas prices has people doing the happy dance at the pumps. However, OPEC is cutting production yet again and will do so until they get oil prices back up and our low gas prices won't last long. There is a really great new book out called The Manhattan Project of 2009 Energy Independence Now by Jeff Wilson. I am so fired up about this book I am seriously thinking about sending my congressmen and the President Obama a copy. This book covers every detail about OIL you never would have even thought about, it's other uses in society to make other products besides gasoline. Every single alternative source of energy such as wind and solar. Technologies such as bio fuels, hybrid and electric plug in cars. Did you know it would only cost the equivalent of 60 cents per gallon to charge a electric car with current average electric company rates. The electricity could even be generated by solar or wind. He walks you through each, backed up by hard data, graphs, maps, and proposed legislative agendas that would promote each in it's capacity to replace oil. This book is very exciting. I was blown away to actually see some of the scenarios being put into place already in this book such as the electric cars in California. I highly recommend the book The Manhattan Project of 2009 by Jeff Wilson to anyone who is interested in this stuff and would like to see them come to fruition
Old 11-23-2008, 06:10 AM   #6
Kacirooroo

California cities getting infrastructure for electric cars how exciting is that?

Check out this link to read the news. This is so exciting for those who realize the importance of seeing out country transfrom away from fossil fuels and to cleaner, cheaper electric cars. I am thrilled and surpriesed to see it taking place so soon. Link to news story below or simply type electric car infrastructure california or better place into search engine. http://www.freep.com/article/2008112...014/BUSINESS01

This is very exciting futuristic news happening now. This is an exciting time in America, especailly after this past year and all the damage our dependence on foreign oil and it's high prices have done on our economy and society.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #7
Registered Member

Its not an energy problem.

The problem is poor efficiency.

The solution is to store and conserve every possible BTU of energy consumed to create inertia.

While electric power may be a future solution it is definitely not the solution when it comes to regenerative braking.

Hydraulic drives, which have been largely ignored have return efficiencies of 78% with 85+% potential, a level that will never be reached by hybrid electrics., whose current wheel to wheel regeneration percentages are 30%.

regards
gary