Hospital Visit - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2007, 05:53 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
Hospital Visit

First off - there's nothing seriously wrong

FE to hospital (about 13 miles) - 24.2mpg
FE from hospital (about 14 miles - different route) - 36.8mpg

Perhaps a poster child for how state of mind changes driving habits.....

--------
In related news.... Isn't a reason against universal health case: "zomg! Canadians can have 3 hour waits in the ER!!!"

Our wait time was a tad over 4 hours.... A friend of mine, at a different hospital had a wait time of just under 5 hours a few months ago - she had Meningitis... It's not like these are in very small cities and very small hospitals either... Anger Schmanger. <-- I'm not angry at the wait, just the argument above...

Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:22 PM   #2

I've found that in the emergency room you get MUCH faster service if you walk in the door and then collapse. Of course I only did that once. Last trip to the emergency room a little over a year and a half ago I went right in - only in an ambulance. Kidney Stone, nurse said she had one once and the pain was worse than when she had a kid - she also said given the choice she'd take the Kidney Stone again as that pain doesn't last 18+ years compared to the child birth.

Are you sure you just didn't come back in less traffic? Of course normally the trip to the emergency one has a sense of urgency too - which I suppose has plenty to do with bad mileage.

So what was wrong? Stub a toe? I went to the emergency room for that once - broke it on the dang coffee table running through the house. In my younger years, sometime in my first year of marriage.... ......was running to answer the phone because the wife was calling. Greeted her with plenty of obscenities.

PS, glad everything is OK.

BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:05 PM   #3
Registered Member

^^ no traffic either way....

So here's a bit more of the story....

I was at a football game - home game for my school. My girlfriend was supposed to come, but she wasn't well. I got a call shortly after the beginning of 4th quarter - I need to leave the game, go home and bring her to the hospital. Over the phone (I couldn't really hear due to stadium noise). "Infection... Kidney.... Ovary... Hospital... Come home..."

So I cut some of my armor off and left it with friends - and ran home (I live about two miles from the stadium).

Jumped in the car, over to hospital.

A gent came in shortly after us - and actually did collapse. He had a kidney infection o.0

After 5 hours in the Hospital, it's an infection - but not as serious as a Kidney or ovary - whew.

------
And if you caught it -- "Armor"

I started going to football games decked out - we're the Knights I actually got on field this game

11/12
Old 12-01-2007, 08:35 PM   #4
*shrug*

Glad she's okay. College football, oh boo. I've been to the 2nd quarter of one game.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:51 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
Glad she's okay. College football, oh boo. I've been to the 2nd quarter of one game.
ha! I was the same way until Senior Year (this year)

11/12
Old 12-01-2007, 08:56 PM   #6
*shrug*

I'll prolly not change, our team is like 9-50 over the last 4 years and 20&#37; of campus might show up on a good day (4k students). *shrugz*
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:59 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
I'll prolly not change, our team is like 9-50 over the last 4 years and 20% of campus might show up on a good day (4k students). *shrugz*
My team can claim the worst losing streak - ever (perhaps just in our conference). My freshman year, we were 0-11. But there were always people there <--- maybe it helps to have nearly 50,000 students to pool from

11/12
Old 12-02-2007, 01:15 AM   #8
Supporting Member

trebuchet03 -

Very good news on the prognosis of your girlfriend, . If you need to bypass the wait, call 911 and have an ambulance bring you in. The only thing is, there better be something wrong, or you could get a very big bill later.

Also, if you can help it, *never* go in to a hospital alone. Without an advocate, the quality of your treatment is at risk. My Mom-in-law was in the hospital over Thanksgiving, so my wife and her Dad did tag-team shifts at the hospital. I helped a little but they did the heavy lifting.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote