I just don't care anymore. - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-27-2016, 02:05 PM   #11
Registered Member

Sadly, 2 examples cropped up today. Leaving the village, a black Mondeo charging round a curve, OS tyres bang on the white line. Had I not been on the ball, smashed wing mirrors or much worse.
About 3 miles later, approaching a T junction with a mini roundabout and turning left, I was nearly taken out by a new fiesta. Coming from my left, they decided to ignore the roundabout and simply treat it as corner, which they cut on the wrong side of the centre....had I simply checked to my right and assumed my left right of way was clear, it would have been a head on crash.
They couldn't see me coming due to the corner- not at the speed they were doing, they needed to slow and be prepared to drive on the right side of the road....
I had luckily slowed to check both ways before turning.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:23 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfruth View Post
I go about the speed limit depending on conditions
Glad you said that, Ruth. Otherwise, the Houston PD would be emailing you a speeding ticket right now.

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:27 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlovesgoddess View Post
Sadly, 2 examples cropped up today. Leaving the village, a black Mondeo charging round a curve, OS tyres bang on the white line. Had I not been on the ball, smashed wing mirrors or much worse.
About 3 miles later, approaching a T junction with a mini roundabout and turning left, I was nearly taken out by a new fiesta. Coming from my left, they decided to ignore the roundabout and simply treat it as corner, which they cut on the wrong side of the centre....had I simply checked to my right and assumed my left right of way was clear, it would have been a head on crash.
They couldn't see me coming due to the corner- not at the speed they were doing, they needed to slow and be prepared to drive on the right side of the road....
I had luckily slowed to check both ways before turning.
WOW! Glad you drive alert, Ben. Fuelly wouldn't be the same without having you around. If you won't drive safe for yourself, at least do it for Fuelly.com.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:19 AM   #14
Registered Member

Ha Ha ha! Thanks Doug. All it takes is an argument with a spouse or child, looking for a song or typing in the sat nav as a distraction, and any number of worthless imbeciles are ready to kill themselves and your family without a moments thought.
The roundabout speed wouldn't have been fatal, but I can think 2 motorway incidents and several back road near misses that had the potential to be fatal within the last year alone.
The main road I travel on had 2 very serious (possibly fatal, I ignore the news so as not to be bummed out about stuff) accidents recently, one involving the air ambulance.
I pass at least a half dozen roadside shines in the local area. Do you have those in America?
At the scene of a fatal crash, often a tree missing bark...will be wrapped around with flowers and photos for a long time after the event. Usually on an otherwise long safe stretch of road, except if people were overtaking recklessly....
Old 07-28-2016, 04:44 AM   #15
Site Team / Moderator

Well, now that Pokemon Go is available in the UK, you will have one more thing to look out for... Other drivers playing Pokemon while driving.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 05:16 AM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
Well, now that Pokemon Go is available in the UK, you will have one more thing to look out for... Other drivers playing Pokemon while driving.
I don't get it. What's the appeal of that game? Is it a game or what?
Old 07-28-2016, 05:59 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlovesgoddess View Post
I pass at least a half dozen roadside shines in the local area. Do you have those in America?
Yep. In America we even have shrines on the sidewalk, where someone has been shot, stabbed, or disemboweled on the way to Sunday school.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:14 AM   #18
Registered Member

Ben... Ford Fiesta ??? wasnt me honest ;-)
Glad u keep your wits about ya

MukkyPaws1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:20 AM   #19
Registered Member

It's a similar story here, tourists from more urban areas flock here in thier millions, used to driving on big open roads, they don't anticipate the dangers and hazards on rural roads. Some 90% of road fatalities happen on roads that aren't motorways, which says alot about how safe motorways are, but also how dangerous other roads are.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote