I See.....Jobs - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2011, 03:48 AM   #21
Registered Member

Re: I See.....Jobs

Yeah, there is abuse all the way around. I would just rather take the abuse of the government and have better working conditions than take the abuse in the private sector and work like a dog.

tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #22
Registered Member

Trad, not attacking you personally at all so please don't take it that way. I know a high number of government employees and they are the laziest, no-working, overpaid bunch I've ever seen. Sometimes I'm jealous they can make so much, do so little and get such great benefits. Other times I just have no respect for them. My quality of life and stress levels are just fine working in the private sector. I cannot complain. Most of all, I'm respected by others for the work I do, and I respect myself. Again, nothing personal toward you Trad, just an observation I've made but I pretty much cant stand them.

VX_Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
Yeah, there is abuse all the way around. I would just rather take the abuse of the government and have better working conditions than take the abuse in the private sector and work like a dog.
YOU!!!! haha read your posts about fed work, my dad worked for the state as a chemical engineer for 25+ years, i had an internship with the state and absolutely loved it, friend of mine works for the federal govt, AND I WANT TO TOO Ive applied, got resumes floating about but its going slow.

i realized before i was even out of college that i wanted a federal or state job, i like all the perks you get (not MAJOR ones and certainly no monetary value but its the little things in life) but didn't see any i qualified for (i got a 4 year degree graduated with high honors yet it wasnt in the RIGHT degree), graduated college threw the wad of applications/reumes out there in the world out of the 40 or 50 i threw out heard back from about 10 of em (good ol F-you letters) got an interview with one and pretty much had to take it. it BLEEEEEEEEEEP sucks!

non union working in a manufacturing plant oh yea i know all about legalized slave labor, lied to daily, threatened to be fired if i (insert dumb reason here) have seen 3 supervisors quit, 5 HR people, 14 coworkers leave, 2 get fired for asinine reasons all in a years time, working every holiday (thats right buddy thanksgiving day, Christmas eve, Christmas day, Easter, 4th of July, etc but dont worry we were told family comes first- buncha lying ***********) for crap pay for what we do...its bad when you start getting envious of the stupidest jobs like the cafeteria workers that get every weekend and holiday off.

the private sector sucks, i knew that before leaving college and have my own hard evidence for why it blows. private sector is just a buncha greedy ceos that have thier head up thier butt 99% of the time or wasting money on stupid crap around the plant instead of fixing major safety violations (dont worry noone ever dies in this plant, if your having a heart attack they will haul your butt off their property faster than u can think so you die in public property.) get fined by osha every year hundreds of thousands of dollars but its cheaper to pay the fine than to fix it.

not sure what you do Arky but im glad you can find a company that gives a hoot about you, ive heard they exist but i havent seen one...i wish i got a little appreciation. my stress was thru the roof but lately i give up, i just dont care anymore and input the least amount of effort in what i do at work as i get the same output. I used to be gung ho! but noone cared if i saved them 20 grand (yes $20,000 from my actions alone using the skills i know and brought to the table) in one month 12 the next 17 the next (i stopped adding it up when i realized noone gave a crap) all i got was oh thats good but we need you to go do this. lol my quality of life is crap, have so many unfinished projects as i cant finish them working 6-7 days a week. Cant do half my hobbies anymore as if i get one day off its filled with laundry, cleaning, dishes, etc (lifes chores) only a few hours of light and it takes awhile to get stuff setup for my hobbies so i need a full day to do them. would love to travel but WHOOPS cant now, not even a weekend day trip or overnight fling...

ok im done with my rant, i broke the soapbox ill apologize now if there are swears in there i didnt see...
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:21 AM   #24
Registered Member

VetteOwner,

Well said. You have summed up my experience and a lot of others I've known in the private sector.

The interesting thing is that I've seen quite a bit of lazy people in the private sector that knew how to suck up to the right people.

The only difference now is that those suck-ups can't fire me.

VetteOwner, I've sent you a PM.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #25
Registered Member

Oh yes, tons of "yes men" in my work place...They will not hesitate for a second to throw you under the proverbial bus if it makes them look good.

PM replied to
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #26
Registered Member

you guys sound like the "occupy wall street" crowd. trust me, private was more efficient than public before the obama recession, and they've been forced to be even more so now to survive. reminds me, i ran across this today...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jo-pia...b_1028190.html

interesting take on things.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote