I'm a Conservative and I Approve Regulating - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2009, 01:41 PM   #31
Registered Member

4. R.I.D.E.
Give us a list of the names of major auto manufacturers you submitted your plans to, and their response.
Catty? Hell yes.
I knew a man who said he watched them put the 'pill' into the empty gas tank of a Jeep and then fill it with water, start it and run it.....all back in the 1940's.
Then he forgot about it and only recalled it as an amusing story, through the years? Great story line for "Who Killed Roger Rabbit" but I simply do not believe a story when it is not followed by some kind of proof, like your patent.[/QUOTE]

Check todays Green Car Congress post about a hydraulic hybrid design, for a similar configuration. Mine is simpler to build and better.

What benefit is it to me to regurgitate 5 years of attempted contacts, including an email to the White House yesterday?

It would be easier to name the manufacturers I havent contacted.

regards
gary

Old 04-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #32
Registered Member

FYI for those displeased w/ our current tax, borrow, and spend executive and congressional legislation...

http://taxdayteaparty.com/

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #33
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I usually don't do this sort of thing, but....I just couldn't resist:

Old 04-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #34
Registered Member

that's funny HC. but the truth of the matter is that it is not funny. the quiet majority must not remain silent!

liberal, conservative, democrat, republican, libertarian, green, constitution, whatever...

we are all americans, and we will all suffer the consequences if this type of legislation continues.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #35
Registered Member

I still laughed. :P

Well said bowtieguy.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:13 AM   #36
Registered Member

Snax,

i'm REALLY suprised that you agree w/ me. i've said it before...

i don't care what party an individual is affiliated with, there are certain policies/legislation/thinking that must be questioned. in fact, as an moderate conservative, i have (a few) liberal views that would no doubt anger my fellow conservatives.

recessions will come and go, but what is being done right now could very well prolong our current one AND make robust recovery incredibly difficult. job losses, as tragic as they are, are showing us that the US and world economies are moving in a direction that cannot continue to support certain industries.

it is my hope that these country-wide tea parties get national attention(very little so far BTW), and that our elected officials start working for "we the people" instead of "me and my agenda."

very unfortunate it is that the true attention getter(s) is 2 and 4 years away! that's quite enough time to ruin and make so much irreversible.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #37
Registered Member

found this by accident...

http://townhall.com/columnists/Miche...ympathy?page=1

it really illustrates the stupidity of people in respect to borrowing. the writer is correct, there should be no sympathy for them. yet, this behavior is not only given sympathy, it is being encouraged!
Old 04-11-2009, 08:02 AM   #38
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
it is my hope that these country-wide tea parties get national attention(very little so far BTW), and that our elected officials start working for "we the people" instead of "me and my agenda."
There is however a multitude of unfortunate associations going on with the Conservative movement toward "tea parties".
  1. Conservatives are resorting to using the term 'teabagging'. Modern pop-culture clearly defines 'teabagging' as something different than what they are intending here.
  2. An organization supporting this movement has glommed onto the acronym 2M4M, which in gay chat forums could literally be interpreted as '2 Men for a Man' seeking an encounter.
  3. Driving further down the road of cluelessness, the acronym 'NOM' has also been adopted. I'm going to leave that to you to look that one up in the urban dictionary if you really want to know the implications there however.
  4. The most aggregious faux-pas of the whole concept is this last one: The Boston Tea Party, which these protests are designed to emulate, was actually a protest against excessive taxation of poor domestic tea producers while the British government allowed duty free imports of tea by the large and powerful East India Tea Company. The message may have been interpreted to mean no taxation without representation over the years, but the real history of the time illustrates that they just wanted fair taxation. They were essentially saying: "TAX THE RICH! (Or at least quit taxing us.)"

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #39
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Ok, Snax, you piqued my interest...here goes, in the interest of accuracy:

1. Teabagging, the sexual act, is definitely not limited to (or even uncommon outside of) homosexuals [per your implication], any more so than oral sex (it's equally less common than oral sex among both orientations). Checking UrbanDictionary, it doesn't even mention homosexuality among any of its definitions. Most of the sexual definitions specifically mention heterosexuality, in fact.

3. Nom is most commonly used as a synonym for "eat", as in what you do to food. It was written from Sesame Street's Cookie Monster's eating sounds: "Om nom nom nom". I had to look through the last page of UrbanDictionary to find another meaning; out of 16 definitions, one (capitalized "NoM") is listed as being the name of a particularly small gay group of MMORPG players. Perhaps that less common definition is the one you were implying?

UrbanDictionary is not by any means an officially accepted repository of knowledge, but we're talking about slang and it's a very accurate measure of slang popularity and meanings.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #40
Registered Member

i read something recently that was really profound and ENTIRELY truthful concerning the 2 major parties and positive change required for the US to survive IMO...

democrats CAN'T, and republicans WON'T.

one party is clueless, and the other understands what is needed, yet doesn't pursue it. so where does that leave us?...