Im done for a while - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

Im done for a while

33mpg for the drive home.

Thats it for a while. Im done with the suv cell phone talking morons. Mini Vans and SUV's that have a soccor ball on the back should be shot on site. Folks that cant merge, punks in the ricers always rev'ing on me. Im sick of a drive that should be no more than a hour being 1.5 hours. Because idiots cant drive.

Im going back to being the problem for a while.

psy

psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
You can thank the breeders for that.
A-men brother!

varg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:52 PM   #3
Registered Member

Psy, I know how you feel. Hope to see you again before too long.

P.S. can we move the population discussion to The Pub?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:04 PM   #4
Registered Member

I don't blame you for opting out for a while. But please, resist the temptation to become one of "them." There are precious few rational drivers as it is; we can't afford to lose any.

I definitely feel your pain. I almost got run over by an SUV last week on a two-lane westbound, in broad daylight, with plenty of visibility. I was aware of it gaining on me for miles, but apparently the driver was too busy with important stuff to realize they were overtaking another vehicle until they dayum near slammed into me. Practically rolled the thing as they swerved past me at the last instant. How someone can possibly drive a vehicle and simultaneously be so out of touch with what's going on around them is beyond me.

And on the commute into work yesterday morning, an SUV pulled out of a driveway about five car lengths ahead of me, rolled maybe ten feet... and stopped. Literally stopped, in the rightmost lane of a four lane highway! The car in front of me honked in annoyance and the SUV moved ahead to the next intersection where it pulled into the side street. Note I didn't say turned onto the side street. It didn't; it just pulled to the right and stopped in the middle, completely blocking the cross street at the intersection.

I looked over as I rolled by to see the driver yacking on a cell phone. No doubt the spouse called to remind them to pick up bread or something, and the driver took the "Don't talk on a cell phone while driving" admonition the wrong way.

Simply unbelievable.

Rick
Old 08-22-2007, 06:47 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbe View Post
P.S. can we move the population discussion to...?
The reason Psy is upset is bad drivers/congested road conditions. Yet, 99.99% of the public for some strange reason prefers to stay in denial about the cause of congestion (and sprawl, and excessively long commutes, and overloaded bridges falling down, and pollution, and resource depletion, and reliance on foreign oil, etc.) and I'll give you the same hint I've given others: congestion isn't caused by the governor, the president, the dept. of transportation, fuel taxes or lack of them, republicans, or anything else but breeders. ONLY breeders.

That seems germaine to the OP to me.

F150:
New EPA12/14/17

theclencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:55 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
The reason Psy is upset is bad drivers/congested road conditions. Yet, 99.99% of the public for some strange reason prefers to stay in denial about the cause of congestion (and sprawl, and excessively long commutes, and overloaded bridges falling down, and pollution, and resource depletion, and reliance on foreign oil, etc.) and I'll give you the same hint I've given others: congestion isn't caused by the governor, the president, the dept. of transportation, fuel taxes or lack of them, republicans, or anything else but breeders. ONLY breeders.

That seems germaine to the OP to me.
Planning on taking out the old breeders first as a punishment (ie. your mom and dad)?

I guess it is lucky that the laws of physics don't apply to the idiots that don't have children??

McIntyre's First Law: "Under the right circumstances, anything I tell you may be wrong."

O'Brien's First Corollary to McIntyre's First Law: "I don't know what the right circumstances are, either."

rvanengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #7
Registered Member

Heh heh, right on cue, and didn't even have to wait a couple posts!

Nobody said anything about killing anyone off, or abortions either.

Replacement level breeding rounds off to two so in my book any couple that has two or less isn't contributing materially to congestion. Is my math wrong?

P.S. Now why would not having children make one an "idiot"?

Edit: I reviewed psy's last post after skewbe mentioned it and I made a mistake- somebody did say something about killing people off! LOL

F150:
New EPA12/14/17

Old 08-22-2007, 07:02 PM   #8
Registered Member

I can't argue with you clench, exponential population growth is a nightmare that writes itself. Just trying to respect psy's last post is all.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:10 PM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Heh heh, right on cue, and didn't even have to wait a couple posts!

Nobody said anything about killing anyone off, or abortions either.

Replacement level breeding rounds off to two so in my book any couple that has two or less isn't contributing materially to congestion. Is my math wrong?

P.S. Now why would not having children make one an "idiot"?

Edit: I reviewed psy's last post after skewbe mentioned it and I made a mistake- somebody did say something about killing people off! LOL
Nobody said that not having children makes one an idiot. It is at least a 50% chance that anyone you meet on the highway is an idiot in my experience. I am willing to allocate the idiot percentage evenly between people with and without children as part of the stimga of being human.

Now...if "breeders" are contributing to congestion, isn't it also fair to pick on immigrants since they are helping with the increasing congestion?

McIntyre's First Law: "Under the right circumstances, anything I tell you may be wrong."

O'Brien's First Corollary to McIntyre's First Law: "I don't know what the right circumstances are, either."

rvanengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:12 PM   #10
Registered Member

Absolutely!

Er, uh, wait, I don't know. If immigrants are here legally and they haven't had more than two, I won't be mad at them.

F150:
New EPA12/14/17