Introducing DMC - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-02-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
 
Compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,460
Country: United States
Introducing DMC













DMC stands for Darth Matt Civic
__________________

__________________

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #2
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
Eww, New star wars should be banned.

I love the color, best color you can get an EK coupe/sedan in in my opinion.

A few things to note:

Newer hondas keep getting cheaper dead pedals, look at that dinky thing!
Your knob is so ugly, doesn't look like it has good feel, does it?
That cluster is also superfugly with no tach. Stick a teggy cluster in there or just get an ex/si cluster if you like the random blue accent crap on the EK clusters.

When's your first fill up going to be?
__________________

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
 
GasSavers_Diemaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 163
Country: United States
i opened this expecting to see a delorian (delorian Motor Company) we need to make a MPG flux capasitor too u going to mod it out? at least put a tach in that cluster
__________________
I ♥ my EM2


Need this stuff gone!
http://www.honda-tech.com/zero...67053[/B]
GasSavers_Diemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
 
Compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,460
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Eww, New star wars should be banned.

I love the color, best color you can get an EK coupe/sedan in in my opinion.

A few things to note:

Newer hondas keep getting cheaper dead pedals, look at that dinky thing!
Your knob is so ugly, doesn't look like it has good feel, does it?
That cluster is also superfugly with no tach. Stick a teggy cluster in there or just get an ex/si cluster if you like the random blue accent crap on the EK clusters.

When's your first fill up going to be?
you're looking at the first fill up. Subtract 45 miles from the trip meter. The car had 45 miles on the trip when I refueled it. I forgot to press the trip. This tank should be ~400 miles. I still suck at the clutch.
__________________

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:16 PM   #5
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
Ah, so still no gas in there. Don't worry, you're doing pretty good. It took me a long time to get condifident with my driving, you'll be a lot faster though since you have no alternative and the car you're starting out on is pretty nice about not getting jerky if you're not perfect with it.

Still say the 90-93 accord knob is the hawtness.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
 
Compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,460
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Ah, so still no gas in there. Don't worry, you're doing pretty good. It took me a long time to get condifident with my driving, you'll be a lot faster though since you have no alternative and the car you're starting out on is pretty nice about not getting jerky if you're not perfect with it.

Still say the 90-93 accord knob is the hawtness.
That's where you're wrong. The car jerks really hard if you don't go into first right. I drove some other 96-00 civics and they never jerked like that. This car is a real jerker.

Also I don't need a tach. I know exactly what rpm I'm at by my gear and speed.
__________________

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:29 PM   #7
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
That's true but when I didn't have a speedo I knew where I was but the math got to my head an made me insecure. Going into first is always gonna be jerky if you're messy with it and you have a decent clutch, so I guess that's a good sign,

You're not going to be able to do any redline runs anymore with no tachometer,
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:37 PM   #8
Registered Member
 
Compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,460
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
That's true but when I didn't have a speedo I knew where I was but the math got to my head an made me insecure. Going into first is always gonna be jerky if you're messy with it and you have a decent clutch, so I guess that's a good sign,

You're not going to be able to do any redline runs anymore with no tachometer,
6800rpm redline
1st gear 39mph
2nd gear 72mph
3rd gear 109mph
4th gear 140mph
5th gear 182mph

Why even need a tach when I'm focused on fuel economy.
__________________

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:45 PM   #9
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
Eh, I find my tach extremely helpful, it may not be for you since it really is superfluous, just noting that I'd not go without it.

You want to buy this tall transmission off me? 20% increase in FE!
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
 
Compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,460
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Eh, I find my tach extremely helpful, it may not be for you since it really is superfluous, just noting that I'd not go without it.

You want to buy this tall transmission off me? 20% increase in FE!
I can't, I don't have time to do any swaps or the know how. But I definetly want a taller transmission. My 1st is so short 50% of the time I'm spinning tires.
__________________

__________________

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
coasting MetroMPG Hypermiling 46 05-08-2006 08:37 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.