Is anyone really curious as to why Gas prices are so high??? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaTorneoSiR View Post
Please someone tell me that I am wrong and give me some factual data to back it up.

-Nate
Sorry, the real rate of inflation on consumable goods has been in double digit territory for quite awhile now. The Republicans just keep changing how it's measured.

Eventually they will just claim that if you only got a 1% raise last year, that's all the inflation we had.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:46 AM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaTorneoSiR View Post
Now that we are realizing that this country is in a recession and quite possibly nearing the second Great Depression maybe far worse than in 1929... maybe now we can get back to producing things instead of importing from third world countries and turning their economies into Dynasty's while the richest 5-20% of Americans sell the U.S. right out from underneath our ever so trusting feet. When can we hit the restart button and become a People that are proud to be Americans whom would prefer to buy American products rather than cheaper foreign products? If we do start actually building and producing again here in America our economy can start to recover.-Nate

That is one of the major keys to it all for the health and prosperity of the USA. Otherwise we are headed for a collapse.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:47 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX View Post
If you can come to realize 9/11 was an inside job you can begin to understand the mind$%*! being played on us.
The big reason why I cannot buy into 9/11 being an inside job is that NO organization can communicate within itself well enough to conduct ordinary business, let alone successfully pull off a conspiricy as large as 9/11 without someone spilling the beans...

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regardless of the cause (I personally think it is a mix of speculation but mostly increasing demand and peaking supply of oil) the real problem isn't the cost of a gallon of gas, it is the cost of driving per mile. Considering the incredible amount of energy contained in a gallon of gasoline, $4+ isn't that bad for what you get. What is ridiculous is that only about 15% of that gas you buy actually moves the car, which is why I love the idea of hypermiling so much.

GasSavers_hypermile is offline   Reply With Quote