I promise: no more schooner trips this year! And I still post to the detriment of my work.
I hereby swear that I will attempt to decrease work travel by 90%, post during the day (although it's a good break when you work from home the other 10% of the time), and research data info before I post uncertain information.
I actually have an interview on Monday, to go office-based with my old company (who I'm currently contracting with). Less travel, more benefits, more room for advancement. Fingers crossed.
<another RH77 Rant!>
I'm road weary. The TSA can take their gels, liquids, and Ziploc bags and shove it up their "X-Ray machines". As of this post, I'll probably be flagged and searched at every checkpoint, but dammit, air travel is becoming even less convenient and I have a right to express my views. If it's less than 6-hours away, I just drive: I'm the "pilot", the "craft" can depart in just about any weather or traffic congestion conditions, and I leave when I want to. It's too bad because I have a passion for Aviation and would get my pilot's license if affordable, but this sort of thing hurts the airlines already in trouble. I'm trying my best to adapt, but as a citizen I ask the Government to figure things out! What am I paying them for???
Yeah but I have a client that left my office with me - we drove to the Newport RI Airport - took off in his Moony at about 8:30 in the morning and was in his plant in Norfolk VA at Noon time. It would be a 16 hour drive and at least 3 hours waiting to check and reclaim bagage. Plus he gets about 25mpg at 220 knots!
I have my pilot's license... and it's not affordable!
The really sucky thing about it? It costs more to fly yourself than it does to jump on a commercial flight.
Cool beans, do you go up much? Yeah, I would do it for a hobby instead of transpo, but even renting a tiny 2-seater costs a fortune.
Jan- that man has a great convenience. I'd like to drive to the executive airport and hop on my jet and go my job, but if I had that kind of money, it'd be from the Lottery that I don't play and I wouldn't be doing the same job
But, I bet you don't know as much as a Super-Duper Saiyan!
Oh, and by the way -- your post rate is higher than mine
you have an automatic, there is really nothing I can teach you. Super Saiyans don't know anything about gas mileage. In fact some of them can't drive that good. All they know is how to be jobless and fight.
at least gas over here is still around a dollar a liter ~~
i'm hoping i can read something (believe me cleanmpg is a little slow too...) that would help me break the magical 50 mpg mark in pure city traffic. (I can get segments, but not maintain it for a tank average) But in the end, it all boils down to yourself and the amount of effort you put into it. As well knowing how to not get creamed by those around you.
All I can do is keep practicing... and for the amount of driving I do (only less than 200 km a week) its going to be a long awhile before I start seeing some outrageous numbers (60 + mpg).
I need a new car to do that.
If your reading this, then good for you, your saving some gas because your here.