I've been test driving 3dr HB's - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-13-2007, 05:15 PM   #21

The old rounded Protege style 323 3dr is what got the wife REALLY liking the 3drs along with the the Dodge Omni being her first car. Also, when we got together many many many years ago I had a '88 Tercel (std trans base model AC only opt.) while she had a loaded '87 Tercel w/auto - both 3drs.

The old 3dr '92 323 has a real soft spot in her heart and she still scolds me for trading it in. I had a real nice set of 14 inch wheels on it and all Mazda emblems pulled with little Ferrari stickers on it. When she had kids at school (college) honestly no joking ask if it was "really" a Ferrari she just got a real kick out of it. Don't laugh, check out the old Fiat Dino....

Unfortunetly this week has been busier than anticapated so no driving around looking at stuff. Looks like I'll be working while at work. I have a feeling my love for my Insight may be rekindled this weekend as I plan to enter it in a St. Patrick's Day car show. They asked for "green" cars - procedes go to little crippled kids.

BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:50 PM   #22
Registered Member

Mine was an '88. Only two options. One was AC (though that died in the nineties due to the heat in Florida and we never fixed it), and my dad splurged and got the five speed option. For some reason, the 4 speed just didn't float his boat. I doubt I'll ever own a car better than that one. It went over 110k miles with all original parts (including the clutch, brake pads) with the exception of the muffler (rusted out), and the brake lines (idiot who installed the new muffler had it rubbing against the brake lines). Great little car.

repete86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:07 PM   #23

It sticks in my mind I've had 5 Tercels but at the moment I can only recall 4. An '84 4WD wagon (THE BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED - PAID $100 in EXCELLENT CONDITION), the '87, the '88, an '89 and I can't think of the other darn it!

The wagon I loved. I just loved the style and simplicity of that car.
BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #24
Registered Member

The wagons are cool. They're hard to find though. How was the driveability of it considering that it weighed considerably more than the 2wd, had a 3 speed auto or 4 speed manual and something like 63 hp?

Also, I'm remembering more about the old Tercel that I had. That thing was amazing in the snow. It was better than a jeep. I do remember sliding sideways down Todt Hill in Staten Island though. I guess that even a car as magnificent as the Toyota Dercel DX has limits.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #25
Registered Member

Im not a 3 door fan at all. But I really liked my festiva.

With my growing hate for Hondas ablity to do much right anymore Ive been looking at cars and thinking of getting rid of my troublesome 06 Civic.

The only thing Ive found worth a hoot is Yaris. I like the way it drives. I bet I could hypermile the crud out of it. But Toyotas unwillingness to deal on one and that god awful looking dash is a real turn off. A loaded 3 door isn't worth anymore than 10k period,,, fact is its not worth more than 9k even with air bags and alloy wheels.

So I still have my Civic with a roar coming from the rear wheels. Maybe if I drive it long enough it will spit one off at a SUV!
psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:35 PM   #26
Registered Member

And with more luck, the tire will get the Scummer H2 to swerve off of the road and flip to a stop. Ever see fuh2.com? It's pretty awesome.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:58 PM   #27
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete86 View Post
And with more luck, the tire will get the Scummer H2 to swerve off of the road and flip to a stop. Ever see fuh2.com? It's pretty awesome.

Expose yourself to an (Ford) Excursion coming soon?

-Emil Faber
Spule 4 is offline   Reply With Quote