Out of Fuel

1997 Nissan Sentra Series 3
2002 Toyota Revo
2003 Suzuki Jimny
2005 Nissan XTrail

Sulky26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:41 PM   #132
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to occupant Send a message via AIM to occupant Send a message via Yahoo to occupant
Yugo didn't pan out (dealer couldn't find title), sold the Gran Torino for $300 and some electronic equipment, sold the Ciera for $300, sold the Cavalier for $750, moved to Ohio with only the Suburban. It was a hard financial decision to move but we were facing a lot of problems. Ohio made for a fresh start. When we got here August 2013 I purchased a black 2001 Ford Windstar for $875 and on the way home it developed some transmission issues. Never bothered to title it or put plates on it, it was parked, I got a job driving tow trucks, and have moved it only with tow trucks since in the hopes I can repair the input shaft and torque converter and get it back on the road. I bet the engine's locked up by now, but I have a fresh starter, battery, fluids, filters, and everything else ready to go. I'll title and tag it sometime in April and drop it off at a transmission shop. If the AC still works I'll keep it. If it doesn't, I'll sell it or trade it.

Right now top four choices for a little roadside assistance car are:

#1 2011-2014 Mazda 2, Spirited Green
#2 2011-2014 Ford Fiesta SE hatchback, Lime Squeeze Metallic
#3 2012-2014 Hyundai Accent, Electrolyte Green
#4 2010-2013 Kia Soul, Alien Green or Kale Green

That Mazda 2 even LOOKS like a frog car. I'll tape a red ribbon beind the license plate for a "tongue"

It HAS to be green. The company I've started is called TOAD Towing. A few runners-up include the Optic Green Dodge Caliber, those Kiwi Green Mitsubishi Mirage hatchbacks (this would be new not used most likely because they are so cheap), or the Chevy Sonic hatchback in Dragon Green.

Those three are runners-up because the Caliber is unreliable, the Mirage is tiny and tinny, and the Sonic has that odd dashboard.

occupant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:08 AM   #133
Registered Member

Has to be the right green for me. How about these two, pretty similar in colour no?

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:20 AM   #134
Registered Member

I'm kind of an aficionado of green cars (i have two right now, the Bullitt and the Roush), and I really like Ford's color on the new Fiesta and Fiesta ST, as well as the "Gotta-Have-It-Green" on the Mustang and Boss 302. High marks for the Mazda2 as well, but given the choice I would probably go with a Fiesta unless the price was a serious issue. They're just a little more powerful and better-equipped than the Mazda.
2008 Mustang Bullitt #5389
2002 MINI Cooper S
2000 Roush Cougar V6
B3NN3TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:31 AM   #135
Registered Member

My cars Part 1...in chronological order. Photos are actual unless noted with "likeness"

1976 Ford Country Squire...likeness...same color with different hubcaps. Automatic, could barely get out of its own way. Her name was Lucielle.

1987 Hyundai Excel L...4-speed manual...this was taken at Northern Arizona University

1993 Hyundai Excel GS...likeness...as sporty as an Excel could be with a spoiler and a 5-speed manual.

1995 Dodge Neon Sport...likeness...5-speed manual with different hubcaps...died a horrible smokey death in the middle of a busy intersection

1991 Chevy Corsica...likeness...3.1 liter 5-speed manual...gifted to me by my parents after the Neon died. Donated @ 164k miles with a number of issues. I miss this the car the most.

2001 Saturn SL2...my first brand new car...5-speed manual, sunroof, spoiler...great mileage too.

1998 Chevy Tracker...5-speed manual...kept it only six weeks...ride was awful...it was noisy...
Old 04-05-2015, 11:34 AM   #136
Registered Member

Part 2...being limited to 10 images sure is inconvenient...

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT...traded in the Tracker for it...6-speed manual, a blast to drive. My Dad was a salesman at the Pontiac dealer so I got a great deal. It would hit lift about 6k rpm and zoom we'd go.

2006 Saturn Vue Red Line...traded the SL2 and Vibe...V6, 5-speed automatic...got 0% financing...sold to my Parents in December 2013 when they desperately needed a second vehicle*

2003 Mercedes Benz ML500...was my daily driver...I've wanted a Mercedes since I was five years old...V8, 5-speed automatic with tap shift. Horrid mileage with premium fuel but I smiled every time I drove it.

It gave its life for ours in May 2013...

I've never met an airbag before...I don't want to ever again...

2010 Mercedes Benz GLK350 4Matic...slurped 91 octane by the gallon and had several issues that kept popping up...after the same window issue (for the 4th time) I was done.

2015 Kia Soul !

Living large in the garage...

Parking lot hit 100 the other day...
Old 04-05-2015, 11:36 AM   #137
Registered Member

Part 3...
My Partner came into the picture in December 2006...we bought this Camry together in May 2008 to replace his ailing 1987 Mazda 323... It's a 1991 Toyota Camry LE V6. One owner, immaculate interior, seemed reliable with an under current of concern...

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser...purchased May 2009, after the Camry puked its transmission all over the highway about two hours north of home. He asked me what I wanted him to get, and I told him as long as it had a sunroof, he could get whatever he wanted. We got it from Enterprise car sales and had zero issues other than tires and routine maintenance.

2013 Mazda Mazda5...purchased May 2013..traded in the PT...Sitting pretty in the driveway...

Sorry to clog up the thread, but I know much I love seeing pics and I'm sure others do too...David
Old 04-05-2015, 12:58 PM   #138
Registered Member

Nice, I have a soft spot for Mazda5s. Neat 8/10s scale minivans, fairly fun to drive yet more practical than a hatchback. I came this close to getting one when the in-laws showed up with a rented 5 and we couldn't fit four people (plus driver) and their (excessive amount of) stuff in the car...ended up needing my Dad's F150. I want to like the Matrix/Vibe more than I do. On paper they would be perfect for me, but something I can't put my finger on steers me away. Not surprised by the maladies in that Mercedes. We had a '79 300SD and it was the definition of a solid car, but cost of routine maintenance, let alone repairs was un-called for. Two Excels? You must have liked those. Surprised the Neon crapped out, I was under the impression first gen Neons were fairly solid cars. Probably good you got rid of that Tracker - when I was in the parts business a customer of mine revealed that you have to remove the entire friggin steering column just to replace the ignition lock. Yikes.
Jcp385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:14 PM   #139
Registered Member

I like your car History David even though it wasn't all good news. Funny how your cars got larger and larger and larger before getting smaller again!

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:31 PM   #140
Registered Member

Hi jcp385...I've been a fan of Hyundai for many years. The '87 was a solid car that gave great service throughout my last two years of college and the year after graduation. The '93 did just as well and survived a move to Californa then back to Arizona. The Neon was an impulse buy...should've kept the Excel. The Tracker was also an impulse buy, egged on by my father, who keeps his cars for about two years. I'm glad I got rid of it...it was fun for a while, but the rough ride was too much for me.

Hi Draigflag...your comment made me laugh. Thank you :-)