Last Minute Tips for College? - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-12-2006, 07:17 PM   #21
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
Keep plenty of condoms on hand. You'll thank yourself for it.

The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:14 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher
AMEN BROTHER!!!

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT trust women when it comes to these matters!!! DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD THEY SAY!!! Sometimes they have secret motives that are only revealed when it's TOO LATE!!!

It's an expensive oopsie.

Ask me how I know.
Your icon says it all.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:32 AM   #23
*shrug*

Just got back from the first meeting of the class of 2010, fun stuff.

Anyway, hiking was fun, then sitting around without a computer was fun, no playing with the macbook and going to official orientation stuff it fun. I've been spending lots of money at the local co-op and none at the dining halls, so I'm slightly worried that I'll be broke and having lost all that money to the meal plan, but I'm going to try and get out of it.

Other than that the meat free, dairy free, sugar free, and cruelty free life is treating me rather well.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:42 AM   #24
Registered Member

Sounds nice! Imle, engineering classes are like plowing the field, and math classes are like learning how to domesticate the horse, mine the metal, cut the tree, and put everything together, from scratch. If you can swing it, a double major in pure math and whatever engineering you want to do would look real nice and make graduate school a breeze to get into.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:44 AM   #25
*shrug*

How bout pure math/japanese, that is the goal,

*saysthatasheskipsmathplacementexam*
Old 09-13-2006, 06:56 AM   #26
Registered Member

If you get good marks (or even mediocre, just not so much), pure math/linguistics will open up a lot of venues in terms of grad work, you could probably go into anything with ease short of english or dance, and you'll be able to teach in any country you want, which means you can live wherever you'd like. Math teachers are always in demand.

edit- math placement exams are teh l00s3.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:04 AM   #27
*shrug*

Yeah, teaching is really my plan in any case.

I already have placement so I figure why go to another one when I can sit around and waste time.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:15 AM   #28
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
I already have placement so I figure why go to another one when I can sit around and waste time.
I see you're getting started with college spirit... When you start figuring out how many classes you can skip and still get the grades you'd like, you're about halfway "full", and when you can go to the first day of class and do that wrt to the how the college registrar handles GPA verification and what grades you need to get for your car insurance discount, you'll be ready to graduate.

Quote:
The main value of a college degree is to prove that the owner knows how to work within a bureaucracy.