Lawn Mower Help - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #21
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
the bad: don't know how i fixed it...besides cleaning the carb, i fooled around with the linkage during re-install. which fixed it?
Cleaning the carb almost certainly did the job.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:49 PM   #22
Registered Member

Oil mix 2 strokes have the carb attached to the crankcase. Four strokes have an oil sump and the carb feeds to the valves in the cylinder area.

regards
gary

Old 09-25-2008, 08:00 PM   #23
Registered Member

Bowtie, it's very likely that there was some sediment in there somewhere. We had virtually neverending problems with this on our previous mower because it simply didn't have a filter. We got so frustrated with it in general that we replaced it with a better one. (Although now we are wishing we went with electric rechargeable instead of gas.) Anyway, if there isn't a filter in the tank, be sure to install one inline.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:14 AM   #24

The neighbor lady asked me to look at her mower since it had died in the middle of mowing and wouldn't restart. I do all her mower work (and the lady on the other side, too) and sharpen the blades when they need it.

Her mower's spark plug was COVERED in soot. I've never see one so bad. I wire brushed it clean and reinserted.

Looking upstream to see what did that found an air filter that hadn't been cleaned in four years. It wasn't passing any air. Her comment: "These things have air filters?"

A cleaned plug and cleaned filter...started on first pull.

Blade was still sharp from last time. Back in service.

Another job well done.
Mayhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:26 PM   #25
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snax View Post
Bowtie, it's very likely that there was some sediment in there somewhere. We had virtually neverending problems with this on our previous mower because it simply didn't have a filter. We got so frustrated with it in general that we replaced it with a better one. (Although now we are wishing we went with electric rechargeable instead of gas.) Anyway, if there isn't a filter in the tank, be sure to install one inline.
fantastic idea! thanks.

had some carb issues a while back with my wife's 86 Z28. the tiny carb filter is apparently pathetic, so i installed an inline filter just before the pump. much better since.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote