List of projects to complete? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
List of projects to complete?

I'm not talking about projects that you just haven't gotten around to yet but they are on your hidden list.

What projects do you have at least some of the things you need to complete but you just don't have it all?

How do you organize your projects?

Right now I have active:
- DIY oscilloscope
- 5v USB to 12v DC step up board for charging portable amplifiers or replacing 9v batteries in said amps.
- Portable headphone DAC with integrated amplifier for computer use.
- USB to RCA cable with in-line DAC.

Parts for but not actually started yet:
- 6.1 digital surround system modified for line-out only with external, all-tube power amplifier rack (only solid state is in the regulator circuits, power supply is tube rectified).
- Solid state headphone amplifier with active ground channel. (yeah, i'm building a lot of headphone amplifiers)
- Fuel injected, single cylinder engine with electronic spark advance for testing various fuel economy items.
- CNC mini-lathe.
- CNC Gantry Mill.
- Build shelves into welded steel tv stand.

I'm sure there is more... If I owned a house I couple probably fill an excel spreadsheet.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
Registered Member

Are you building your CNC machines from scratch or doing a conversion?

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
The lathe is a conversion, the mill is from scratch.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
Registered Member

With a gantry I figured as much. Steppers? How many DOF? Any plans for a tool changer?

Imminent projects (with parts/code):

Finish my house

Replace Trailer Lights

Fix snowblower flippable discharge chute. My gravel driveway killed my prototype after two seasons, so I want to thicken the pivot points. Not bad for standard heat duct though.

Finish speed optimization & web interface for lumber optimizer (tells you how many of what stock lumber sizes to buy and how to cut it up to most cheaply get the lengths you're looking for)

Finish supports for table saw rails (made my own rip fence and seven foot rails, but it'll tip over if I try to go too wide right now)

Forgot this at first: further testing of my music weighted playing script. Possibly a third version as well.

Further down the list (but I have parts):

Motion sensing light controller that learns shutoff delays (has a few other unique features too). I have the algorithm figured out and tested in a simulator I wrote, but it's time for real world hardware.

co de pen den cy

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
Old 03-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I do own a house, and I could fill a spreadsheet. I could fill 80gb of spreadsheets with lists of partially completed projects. It's not because I own a house, just because I'm lazy and don't have any follow through when stuff isn't particularly important.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
Registered Member

Oh yeah, forgot the "how do you prioritize" part. I used to put my house first and never work on anything else, but was really bad for morale (and my body). Usually I try to keep one hardware, one software, and one writing project going at once. That way if I get blocked or bored I can switch. Writing's been on hold with the house, though. If you're in doubt, set up a weighted objective table and compare the projects.

That was the best link on WO tables I found quick via Google. Lesson plan, but you get the idea.

co de pen den cy