Long Road Trips and Longest trip - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2016, 03:38 PM   #31
Registered Member

Will be in your state in a couple of weeks ( Mt. Vernon) noticed one of your fill ups mentions 31% ethanol is this right?????
Any tips on finding premium non ethanol gas around Mt. Vernon and North to even a more lovely place.LOL

Visited most of the places you mentioned over the years.

BlueRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 01:56 AM   #32
Registered Member

Like penguins queuing up to wander Antarctica for reasons scientists are unable to explain, I occasionally take my "fun car" for a 4+ hour roundtrip drive.

Sometimes I drive south on Highway 1 to take in the picturesque view of Bixby Bridge. This drive takes me up/down the deliciously twisty highway over the Santa Cruz mountains.

Sometimes I drive north on Highway 1 to take in the stunning view of the Pacific Ocean waves crashing upon California's beaches. There's also driving sections with lots of fun twisty corners, too.

I just drive to clear my thoughts, catch some sun, and give the car some well needed exercise! Regardless where I end up, as they say, "The journey is its own reward."

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:50 AM   #33
Registered Member

Highway 1 along the coast is a great drive. We have driven parts of it many times and enjoyed 95% of it. North of San Francisco the road is terrible until Fort Bragg. Drove one time from San Diego back home along the Highway to British Columbia. Remember that bridge as being scenic but could not remember the name.
Plan to drive the coast next year down to Ventura and then inland to Palm Springs and Death Valley, trouble is there are too many things to see
Old 11-09-2016, 04:48 PM   #34
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRover View Post
Highway 1 along the coast is a great drive. We have driven parts of it many times and enjoyed 95% of it. North of San Francisco the road is terrible until Fort Bragg. Drove one time from San Diego back home along the Highway to British Columbia. Remember that bridge as being scenic but could not remember the name.
Plan to drive the coast next year down to Ventura and then inland to Palm Springs and Death Valley, trouble is there are too many things to see
Bixby Bridge is SO lovely, it's often seen in television car advertising.

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote