Long trip coming up - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2010, 08:43 AM   #1
Registered Member

Long trip coming up

On 10/14, I am leaving Indianapolis early in the morning and hope to be in Kissimmee Florida by the end of the day. I'm returning on the 10/17. 993 miles, door-to-door. I'm driving the Fit and want to get decent mileage, but I don't want to be on the road for an eternity. I figure I'll just drive the speed limit and draft off trucks whenever possible.

As for staying awake, has anyone tried 5-hour energy? I don't normally take any stuff like that, but I don't want to fall asleep at the wheel, either.

IndyFetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Re: Long trip coming up

I imagine you could get a large benefit from pulse & glide, if you want to do that much work.

Please don't be a danger on the road. If you're too tired just don't drive.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
Registered Member

At 3/4 of the distance you can do a stop a walk a litle, jump and strech for few minutes to get oxygen to your brain. Dont eat too much you spend lots of energy digesting, and you will get sleepy.
GasSavers_BIBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
Registered Member

you're headed VERY near my residence, let me know if you'd like to hook up.

5 hour energy does work. as a truck driver, i've tried them, and they seem to in fact keep one awake more than give "energy". energy is not an issue for me, and i suppose you don't really need energy for your app either.

i don't know if you have a Dollar Tree in Indy, but you can buy a similar product there made by a major supplement supplier(forgot the name) for, well, a dollar. the last i checked 5 hr energy, they were $3+.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:30 AM   #5
Registered Member

Post Re: Long trip coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
you're headed VERY near my residence, let me know if you'd like to hook up.

5 hour energy does work. as a truck driver, i've tried them, and they seem to in fact keep one awake more than give "energy". energy is not an issue for me, and i suppose you don't really need energy for your app either.

i don't know if you have a Dollar Tree in Indy, but you can buy a similar product there made by a major supplement supplier(forgot the name) for, well, a dollar. the last i checked 5 hr energy, they were $3+.
Cool. Thanks.

I won't have my computer with me (no laptop), although I will have my phone with me. If you wanna meet up, PM me and I'll shoot you my phone #.

I'll only be around on Friday afternoon and maybe Saturday morning. I have the wedding Saturday afternoon and I'll be heading back Saturday night or Sunday morning.
IndyFetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #6
Registered Member

thursday is my day off. friday is typically busy for me, and i work saturday as well. PM sent.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote