Low Flow Shower head - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-18-2007, 05:47 PM   #21
*shrug*

How much are they? I'll have to think on the subject...

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:04 PM   #22
Registered Member

The problem with low flow heads is that with my family that just means people stay in the shower longer. I can imagine it now, my children not getting out of the shower at all because the hot water isn't running out.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:41 AM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snax View Post
The problem with low flow heads is that with my family that just means people stay in the shower longer. I can imagine it now, my children not getting out of the shower at all because the hot water isn't running out.
Snax, That's why you need one of these as well:

http://www.showermanager.com/

This device set at a maximum of 8 minutes per shower will guarantee an 8 or 12 gallon shower depending on which low flow showerhead you use (1.0 or 1.5 gallons per minute).
Old 06-19-2007, 05:59 AM   #24
Registered Member

Nice. It's definately something to consider.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:37 AM   #25
Supporting Member

Ryland -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
our low flow head like that got cloged with lime and stoped working a few years back, so we ended up getting a slightly larger, but still 2.5-3 gallon per minut head, and kept the shut off valve, the valve is nice as it alows you to turn off the water without loosing your temp setting.
Since we are in drought conditions here in LA, I am going to buy one of these this week :

SHOWER CUT-OFF VALVE
http://www.accentshopping.com/produc...ReturnUrl~.asp
Quote:
Save water and soap. The Shower Cut-Off Valve cuts flow to a trickle while your lathering up in the shower. The Shower Cut-Off Valve allows for easy adjustment of the force of the shower head and it fits all standard showers, 1/2 Inch IPS.
CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:01 PM   #26
Registered Member

I removed the low flow heads I had for a couple of reasons:
Fine droplet size (as previously mentioned) causing more rapid heat loss required a higher percentage of hot in the mix to maintain the same feel on the body. Admittedly fewer gallons of water out the head, but the same number of hot gallons, just fewer cold ones.
Fine droplet size (a different issue from the same cause) causing more water vapor in the air. The ventilation fan had to run longer and still the moisture seeped into the drywall causing paint to peel and began to cause mold and decay.
Now, I need to mention that I have a private well and private septic so my water costs are lower than most. My fuel savings weren't there, the bathroom wall repair costs were high and I wasn't enjoying the shower (hot head, cold feet). Out they came.

p.s. I travel with a small physical size, mid-flow head and wrench to bring a bit of home to those motels that also have plant spray heads instead of shower heads.
Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:16 PM   #27
Registered Member

i'd rather have half the showers than take a shower with a low flow shower head. I am sure i make up for my wasteful showering habits by never watering my lawn, which is very wasteful...i never water my lawn and it says nice and green.
white90crxhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:02 PM   #28
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96hb View Post
LOL! I don't like the sounds of that! Anyway, water is cheap so I don't mind taking nice hot showers, watering the lawn, slip -n- slide with the kids, etc...

It's not about pinching pennies.
I would hate to think that everyone at this site is just here to save money.

BTW I work at Lowes and they sell a low flow showerhead that I want to buy, but it has a picture of a lady seemingly in some erotic pleasure pose, and the name of the product is the " Great Head ".
I just haven't had the nerve to buy it, ( and instead turn down the shower to a almost a trickle.)
Nerds laugh at me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:26 AM   #29
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by white90crxhf View Post
i'd rather have half the showers than take a shower with a low flow shower head. I am sure i make up for my wasteful showering habits by never watering my lawn, which is very wasteful...i never water my lawn and it says nice and green.
That's funny. My neighbor waters his lawn every day, the one next to him put in an in-ground auto watering setup, spend hundreds a month on lawn crap, ect, and their lawns are brown 2-3 weeks before mine is every year. Mine gets watered once at the beginning of the season when I lay in the insect killer, weed killer, and a load of fertilizing pellets along with an iron supplement. Beyond that, my yard only gets cut. The only time it sees water after the initial springtime weeding is when it rains. My roots are deeper so the grass lives longer, and every year we are there the time difference between their yards browning and mine browning increases. Another thing I do, my grass is left about 1 inch longer when cut than theirs is. When the yards are all freshly cut, mine looks greener. It's all in how you manage it, and I manage mine like it's grass, not some delicate ornamental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerds laugh at me View Post
It's not about pinching pennies.
I would hate to think that everyone at this site is just here to save money.

BTW I work at Lowes and they sell a low flow showerhead that I want to buy, but it has a picture of a lady seemingly in some erotic pleasure pose, and the name of the product is the " Great Head ".
I just haven't had the nerve to buy it, ( and instead turn down the shower to a almost a trickle.)
I'm in it to pinch pennies, no other reason. I do take the longer view of it though, the more environmentally friendly I am, the less of my money the gummit will take to fix any environmental disasters later on, the fewer waste treatment and power plants have to be built which will also come out of my money, ect...

You should go to another Lowes in a trenchcoat and hat, and buy one of those shower heads late at night, right before closing. When you do, giggle as you walk out the door, holding the package in front of you.

Telco is offline   Reply With Quote