Merry Christmas to me! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #11
Registered Member

Congrats on the SG. You will really enjoy it. I really like mine.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
So, here's a few things I learned so far:

My coolant temp gauge is, as suggested, not 100% accurate. I caught it reading nearly 20 degrees too warm today. I haven't seen it read very cool; SG reported 212 once and temp gauge was past 190, but probably not quite far enough.

My IAT gets up to 100 after extended highway driving on a cold day.

Everything I've observed with my DIY fuel meter has been correct. At any speed, the highest possible gear is the most efficient in this car, no matter how much throttle it takes.

The DBW throttle covers most of its ground in a small portion of the gas pedal's travel. The rest of the gas pedal is like a switch; the last 1/3 of its travel is WOT.

Remember the '80s movie "License to Drive"?
Quote:
Now Anderson, I want you to take a good look at my cup of coffee. Now I love my coffee, it’s probably the only thing I cherish in this foresaken mud ball called Earth! What I’m trying to say, Anderson, is that most examiners rely on this clipboard….I don’t believe in that schitt. What I do believe is in my cup of coffee.
Now this coffee is hot. If it falls on me it’ll probably burn me, right? Speak up, son!
Yes, yes!
And nobody likes to get burned, now do they?
No, no!
So it’s simple…you burn me, you fail. You don’t, you pass.
I've learned that I would pass that test. I jerk the car around all over the place, flying around turns and such...but the SG is sitting on a flat portion of my dash, completely not secured, and it just stays in place. Admittedly, there is a small ledge that prevents it from sliding back under normal acceleration, but otherwise it's just on a flat hard plastic surface. That's actually quite a surprise to me, I've always been very rough and I thought that I am still rough.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:07 PM   #13
Site Team / Moderator

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Remember the '80s movie "License to Drive"?
Oh God, I think I do. Was that the made-for-TV movie starring Jacke'? As I recall it was really bad. Almost as bad as watching 227 re-runs...

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:38 AM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I thought I went with my mom and sister to see it at a theater, but maybe we watched it on tv.