Metro 1.3 Test drive - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-08-2006, 05:51 AM   #11
Moderator
 
GasSavers_DaX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,209
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spule 4
How does that work, the shift linkage is what I am trying to work out remembering what the dashboard layout looks like?
I'm guessing it'd have to be a custom dash or something.
__________________

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:21 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
BumblingB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 341
Country: United States
Location: NW Florida
Oh, I remember the MX-3 well. That was one car I REALLY wanted but just didn't get around to getting. Mainly is because they were pretty rare and the other reason was $$$ back then. I had one brand new car and couldn't afford 2, so I stayed with my shiny new American/JDM spec Suzuki Sidekick. It was American specs but had all the JDM perks, I bought it in Guam. (Sorry to stray OT)

The MX-3 is a COOL car. I like, the Insight mimics its styling quite a bit.

[QUOTE=kickflipjr]200 miles is where I draw the line. There is a MX-3 that I am probally going to look at. I love the look of mx-3s. It like a insight without wheel skirts. (this is not the car, it is just for a comparison).
__________________

BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:55 PM   #13
Supporting Member
 
cfg83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,779
Country: United States
Wazabi Owner -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazabi Owner
Oh, I remember the MX-3 well. That was one car I REALLY wanted but just didn't get around to getting. Mainly is because they were pretty rare and the other reason was $$$ back then. I had one brand new car and couldn't afford 2, so I stayed with my shiny new American/JDM spec Suzuki Sidekick. It was American specs but had all the JDM perks, I bought it in Guam. (Sorry to stray OT)

The MX-3 is a COOL car. I like, the Insight mimics its styling quite a bit.

The mimic is no coincidence, but that's because the MX-3 is mimicking the CRX. The Mazda MX-3 and Toyota Paseo were bigger fatter "CRX Fighters". Originally, I resented them because they impinged on the "CRX market" and probably prompted the CRX demise. If you notice, the MX-3 copied the CRX's "extra" rear mini-window. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Remember the Paseo? :



Now, what I heard but can't verify is that the Mazda MX-3 platform was later used by Ford for the late 1990's Mercury Cougar :



Now, from a pure aesthetic design POV, I consider the Cougar to be absolute perfection (I would love to meet the designer and shake his/her hand). But ...... the MPG was always below my standards, and I've heard terrible things about the maintenance. Oh well, ho hum, .

God, that cougar's gorgeous,

CarloSW2

EDIT : Found a Paseo picture on the net that will (hopefully) continue to exist ...
__________________
Old School SW2 EPA ... New School Civic EPA :

What's your EPA MPG? http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #14
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 541
Country: United States
Quote:
I would love to meet the designer and shake his/her hand. But ...... the MPG was always below my standards, and I've heard terrible things about the maintenance.
So .. shake his/her hand , then kickem in the nuts.

onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:50 AM   #15
Registered Member
 
The Toecutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 612
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
Quote:
God, that cougar's gorgeous,
Every upper-middle-class, somewhat-spoiled, white, teenaged-girl in my area that has one thinks they're hot **** and drives far worse than I do.

Beware!
The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:31 AM   #16
Registered Member
 
GasSavers_brick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 162
Country: United States
I knew a guy in school who had a cougar. That thing spent more time on a tow truck than it did under its own power. Then again, if you count the miles that it was dragged I bet it got great FE
__________________
'07 Toyota Prius
GasSavers_brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:39 AM   #17
Moderator
 
GasSavers_DaX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,209
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by brick
I knew a guy in school who had a cougar. That thing spent more time on a tow truck than it did under its own power. Then again, if you count the miles that it was dragged I bet it got great FE
I knew a guy who had a cougar. He went in to feed it one day and never came out.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:45 AM   #18
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 541
Country: United States


A Cougar is a big cat ,, rather much like this one.
onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:56 AM   #19
Supporting Member
 
cfg83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,779
Country: United States
onegammyleg -

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegammyleg
So .. shake his/her hand , then kickem in the nuts.

I'd probably kick the (mechanical?) engineer in the nuts who couldn't translate the design into a reliable car. But, if the engineer had gotten his/her way, the thing wouldn't have been as pretty as it was. If it had gotten good MPG, I might have gone for it anyway with eyes wide shut. Plastic rattling on the interior? That's what used gum is for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The classic "beauty is only skin deep" cliche applies here, *sigh*

CarloSW2
__________________
Old School SW2 EPA ... New School Civic EPA :

What's your EPA MPG? http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:11 PM   #20
Registered Member
 
Spule 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 175
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83
Wazabi Owner -




The mimic is no coincidence, but that's because the MX-3 is mimicking the CRX. The Mazda MX-3 and Toyota Paseo were bigger fatter "CRX Fighters". Originally, I resented them because they impinged on the "CRX market" and probably prompted the CRX demise. If you notice, the MX-3 copied the CRX's "extra" rear mini-window. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Remember the Paseo? :



Now, what I heard but can't verify is that the Mazda MX-3 platform was later used by Ford for the late 1990's Mercury Cougar :



Now, from a pure aesthetic design POV, I consider the Cougar to be absolute perfection (I would love to meet the designer and shake his/her hand). But ...... the MPG was always below my standards, and I've heard terrible things about the maintenance. Oh well, ho hum, .

God, that cougar's gorgeous,

CarloSW2
Ford Mondeo/Contour platform.

I have actually ridden in one of the mythical 4 cylinder automatic cars, a Ford exec I know was "gvien" one, what a perk.....
__________________

__________________
"Knowledge is Good"

-Emil Faber
Spule 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engine size?! DuckFeet Fuelly Web Support and Community News 1 04-25-2012 10:58 PM
Fuelly Android App - eehokie Fuelly Web Support and Community News 2 07-14-2010 09:59 PM
Incorrect Milage Calcuatlion PatM Fuelly Web Support and Community News 4 07-17-2009 08:21 PM
p07 ECU $15 Matt Timion For Sale 4 08-27-2006 12:25 PM
Is my wife's clutch going out? Matt Timion General Maintenance and Repair 3 03-31-2006 09:52 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.