My cousin is an idiot, or maybe it's me. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-15-2006, 01:19 AM   #1
Registered Member

My cousin is an idiot, or maybe it's me.

He has a dog that likes to bite people. Especially me.

It bit like 3-4 different people so far.

1st time, my cousin was drunk and started playing with my chair. The dog got pissed and he saw that it did and made the whole situation worse by playing with the chair I was sitting more. I got bit in the eyelid. Luckily it was a small scratch.

2nd time. We were playing cards, he was a little drunk and started playing with the chair. Dog got pissed and bit my hand. Hand had a scratch that healed.

3rd time. His mom said the dog is fine so he put a thing over it's mouth so it can't bite anybody. Dog is all nice and playful with me. As soon as the thing comes off the dog's mouth the dog goes straight for my arm and bites into my arm. Result is scar for the rest of my life.

Now my cousin is bringing his dog to work tommorow. The problem is he's my co-worker so we see each other often during the day. I told him not to bring the dog but he says it will be okay and it's not going to bite. I heard that many times already and I got a scar from it.

I can't just not come to work, it will look bad on my review. Also when my cousin says something 99% of the time he does it. I don't want any scars or missing body parts.

Any ideas??
BTW, he is not going to put the thing over the dog's mouth for the whole day.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:41 AM   #2
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
He has a dog that likes to bite people. Especially me.

It bit like 3-4 different people so far.

1st time, my cousin was drunk and started playing with my chair. The dog got pissed and he saw that it did and made the whole situation worse by playing with the chair I was sitting more. I got bit in the eyelid. Luckily it was a small scratch.

2nd time. We were playing cards, he was a little drunk and started playing with the chair. Dog got pissed and bit my hand. Hand had a scratch that healed.

3rd time. His mom said the dog is fine so he put a thing over it's mouth so it can't bite anybody. Dog is all nice and playful with me. As soon as the thing comes off the dog's mouth the dog goes straight for my arm and bites into my arm. Result is scar for the rest of my life.

Now my cousin is bringing his dog to work tommorow. The problem is he's my co-worker so we see each other often during the day. I told him not to bring the dog but he says it will be okay and it's not going to bite. I heard that many times already and I got a scar from it.

I can't just not come to work, it will look bad on my review. Also when my cousin says something 99% of the time he does it. I don't want any scars or missing body parts.

Any ideas??
BTW, he is not going to put the thing over the dog's mouth for the whole day.
I have a way of dealing with dogs that bite. Kick them in the gut, followed by kicks in the face. If he is latched to your arm uppercut the solar plexus until he decides to let go. Follow up with kicks in face, head, ribs. Its real simple don't bite me! If you do it gets real ugly. Also stair him down, play with his mind. They understand a good thrashing.

https://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
lovemysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:52 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysan
I have a way of dealing with dogs that bite. Kick them in the gut, followed by kicks in the face. If he is latched to your arm uppercut the solar plexus until he decides to let go. Follow up with kicks in face, head, ribs. Its real simple don't bite me! If you do it gets real ugly. Also stair him down, play with his mind. They understand a good thrashing.
WTF? I hope you're kidding. I understand someone's reaction to kick a dog if it's latched on, biting them... but this "follow up with kicks in the face" **** is violent abuse. If anyone does this I hope they are charged with animal cruelty and prosecuted.

Speaking of this biting dog... your cousin has no business bringing a dog that frequently bites people to work. What the hellmis that about? Does is have current vaccinations? Hope so...
Plus, if the dog has that severe of a biting problem- the dog needs extensive, professional training. If that doesn't work... hate to say it.. but it should be euthanized. What if the next person that dog bites is a little kid? Totally irresponsible in the part of the dog's owner....
GasSavers_jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:57 AM   #4
Registered Member

It would be useful to know what kind of biting this is. Animals bite for different reasons, and need to be treated differently depending. Does the dog just get really excited and mouthy, and bite out of playfulness rather than active aggression? That would be play biting, which is relatively easy to take care of through conditioning. I've never met a puppy that didn't do that at first.

Has this dog always been a biter or did this just start up? Another reason a dog would change behavior and become aggressive is out of pain. A sudden change in behavior should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be addressed by a vet. It could be an indication of a dog is sick and needs help.

Fear. A dog backed into a corner may bite as a last resort to get out of a situation of which it is terrified. That kind of thing is generally seen in abused animals...watch Animal Cops and you will get the picture. It's very sad, and takes a great deal of effort to overcome.

Finally, there's flat-out aggression. A small minority of bites come from dogs that have a plain behavioral problem, either due to instinct (poor breeding of aggressive animals, for example) or conditioning (dogs trained to fight or poorly trained to guard). Sometimes conditioning helps, sometimes there's nothing you can do. Animals with this kind of aggression that are not addressed WILL cause a severe bit at some point, and 9 times out of 10 will be put down.

How old is this dog? What breed? How does it posture before a bite? Is it playing, ears up and tail wagging? Or is it aggressive, tail flat and perhaps growling? Most importantly, can you identify precursors to a bite? 99% of the time you can tell it's coming. In the short-term, just try to stay away from the dog and inform your employer of the problem. Show the scar if necessary. If the dog is still allowed, take it up the topic of the dog's presence with the authorities. Except for service dogs, there may be laws against keeping an animal on the premises. Long term, that dog needs to be assessed and trained at the very least. If it is aggressive because it is being abused, it needs to be rescued immediately and rehabilitated if possible. The authorities take that kind of thing extremely seriously.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:16 AM   #5
Registered Member

The dog had training when it was a pup at some school. We'll see what happens. It's not abused.

If the dog bites me I might just lose it and a good kick will be in order. Or most likely the cops will be called and the dog will be taken away by animal control.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:52 PM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
If it's a big dog and is going for your hand, roll hand into a fist and shove it as far and fast down the dog's throat as you can so that the dog can't clamp its jaws down, and repeatedly kick it in the gut. It won't bother you anymore after that.
The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:54 PM   #7
Tuggin at the surly bonds

It's not cruelty to defend yourself against an attacking dog (think about the woman in France who had her face almost entirely eaten off by her dog). Any dog that attacks is an unsecured weapon of potentially lethal force. The mistake may be in letting the dog live. The fact that they have a muzzle is acknowledgement of a serious problem. Have you given the police a written complaint? Make sure you do so in a timely manner and then recount the 3 prior attacks. You might end up saving the next victim, maybe a child, and maybe with worse injuries.

Also, that employer needs to know that the dog's presence makes your workplace hostile, and that they are liable for any injuries. Failing that, you could get a restraining order restricting the dog owner from approaching you with the dog, including at your job. After that, you need to stay away from his house yourself. If all else fails, cap it. It's not cruelty if you put it down in self defense; end of discussion.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:15 PM   #8
Registered Member

He didn't bring the dog today. The secretary was asking where is the dog and she wanted to see it really bad. I told her about the attacks but she still wants to see the dog. She has no idea what kind of mess she's getting herself into and me too if he brings the dog.

Old 08-16-2006, 03:57 AM   #9
Registered Member

The guy isn't doing his dog a favor. If it gets labled as aggressive it will end up getting gassed. If a dog breaks skin...they usually have to be caged until they show signs of rabies or not? Your cousin needs counseling.

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote