My first fitness goal is accomplished. #2 here I come! - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2006, 01:27 AM   #31
Registered Member

It's been a month now. There is almost no improvement on the arms. I'm still on the same weights when I started on July 5th.

The legs of course keep improving.
I don't know the name of the machines but this is what I went from in 5-6 weeks on the leg machines.

July 5th NOW
50 lbs 65 lbs
70 lbs 80 lbs
50 lbs 55 lbs
40 lbs 45 lbs
40lbs 80 lbs (no this is not a typo)

Any ideas to improve my upper body strength?

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:13 AM   #32
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
try to use a weight that gets your muscles exhosted in about 15 reps were you can't lift any more then drop a few pounds and keep doing a few more reps until muscle failure again. Muscle grows when demand exceeds capacity - get a good pump - lots of blood flow and focus on a smaller muscle group during each workout. Lift quickly and lower slowly - next you need energy drinks to provide enough energy to be able to work your muscles long enough to give them a good workout. Don't forget some recovery time to let them grow and heal while working on other muscle groups.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:37 AM   #33
Registered Member

I'll be moving to free weights for the upper body since machines aren't helping me.

The legs are still improving on the machines. I'm starting to see some muscle definition in the legs. I'm still 130 lbs. So that probably means that my body fat lowered since I keep growing muscle and not weight.

Old 08-20-2006, 04:53 AM   #34
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
about ten years ago I work my bicepts really well with 35lbs each but couldn't lift 5 lbs out to the sides with my shoulders - was really funny working with my girlfriends trainer in NY one day . . . couldn't lift my arms to the side. I find the machines too restrictive in motion for my long flexable arms and prefer free weights.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:14 AM   #35
Registered Member

yea. A guy that is a regular there helps me out. When I started out working out at the gym in the beginning of July he came up to me and told me I was working out all wrong and wasn't going to build any muscle. He told me how to work out. This night I came up to him and told him nothing is improving on my upper body. He told me to go to the free weights area and showed me what to do there.

Also I have weak wrists so that's a huge negative for me. He showed me an exercise that I could do at home or at the gym that make my forearms stronger and my wrists too. Or if it doesn't work just tape up my wrists to make them stiff.

The legs will stay on the machines but my upper body will be done in the free weights area. I don't have anymore weight goals. I just want to be healthier, stronger and look buff.