My first fitness goal is accomplished. #2 here I come! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2006, 06:23 AM   #1
Registered Member

My first fitness goal is accomplished. #2 here I come!

For the last couple of months I have been trying to put on weight. Not fat, but muscle.

In April/May I weighed 122 lbs.

This tuesday I got my body fat results and I'm 9.2% body fat. On tuesday I weighed 129 lbs.

My first goal was 130 lbs. This morning I weighed in 130lbs. No, i am not constipated, this was after going to the bathroom twice and after a workout. So I didn't cheat.

My goal is 140lbs while maintaining body fat at about 10%. My ultimate goal is 150lbs but I want to see how I look like at 140lbs and see from there. I want muscle but I don't want too much. If 140lbs still looks like I need more muscle then I'll bump it up to 150lbs.

My goal is mostly performance and stamina. I'm hoping that before college starts back up to be 135lbs. And by the end of the year 140 or a little more.

I'm 5' 7" if anybody is interested.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:08 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
I'm 5'11" and my weight fluctuates a lot. I'm about 125 right now, but within a 1 month period, it can fluctuate between 120 and 140. I always have below 5% body fat or so. I can never maintain a constant weight. Damn metabolism is too fast.

I need to start running again. I used to be able to run a 5 minute mile when I was like 16-17. It's been years since I've really exerted myself(21 now).

I tried getting up to 150 when I was 15. Just could no do it. Even with the help of 2 racks of ribs, a 48 oz steak, 1/2 pound of bacon, two pints of Ben and Jerrys, three cheeseburgers burgers(each using about 1/2 pound of meat and half a stick of butter, served rare), and 2 bags of Lays potato chips all in the space of 3 hours, I still couldn't do it.

The most I've ever weighed is 140, and my body fluctuates to that fairly often. What's so ****ed up is that it's not fat weight that's gained... I need some fat on me. I'm always cold because I don't have enough of it.

My typical caloric intake is around 3,500 a day or so. If I drop below 3,000, I rapidly start losing weight. It sucks, because it's expensive. There's no way to get that amount of calories in a healthy manner without paying a lot of money. Bad calories from damned near poisonous crap is cheap.

Maybe I'll bag a deer next hunting season. That would be awesome.

The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:42 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
I'm 5' 7" if anybody is interested.
I'm sorry, you're just not my type...
Old 07-13-2006, 08:03 AM   #4
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toecutter
I'm 5'11" and my weight fluctuates a lot. I'm about 125 right now, but within a 1 month period, it can fluctuate between 120 and 140. I always have below 5% body fat or so. I can never maintain a constant weight. Damn metabolism is too fast.

I need to start running again. I used to be able to run a 5 minute mile when I was like 16-17. It's been years since I've really exerted myself(21 now).

I tried getting up to 150 when I was 15. Just could no do it. Even with the help of 2 racks of ribs, a 48 oz steak, 1/2 pound of bacon, two pints of Ben and Jerrys, three cheeseburgers burgers(each using about 1/2 pound of meat and half a stick of butter, served rare), and 2 bags of Lays potato chips all in the space of 3 hours, I still couldn't do it.

The most I've ever weighed is 140, and my body fluctuates to that fairly often. What's so ****ed up is that it's not fat weight that's gained... I need some fat on me. I'm always cold because I don't have enough of it.

My typical caloric intake is around 3,500 a day or so. If I drop below 3,000, I rapidly start losing weight. It sucks, because it's expensive. There's no way to get that amount of calories in a healthy manner without paying a lot of money. Bad calories from damned near poisonous crap is cheap.

Maybe I'll bag a deer next hunting season. That would be awesome.
Wow... that's quiet the metabolism you have there. I'm 5'10" and when I moved to Salt Lake I weighed 200lbs. My wife and I started dieting and exercising, mainly because we want to live past 65, and it feels nice to lose weight.

I weighed 173lbs around 6 months later. I have since put on about 10 lbs again, but that happens in the winter time.

I usually eat around 1500 calories per day and I still can gain weight if i eat the wrong foods.

Not that this had anything to do with anything, but I just thought I'd share.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:38 AM   #5
Registered Member

Calories don't matter to me. I can eat 1000 or 5000 calories a day. I'll still weigh the same. The only thing that changes my weight is my muscles.

Old 07-13-2006, 09:26 AM   #6
Supporting Member

Are we likening our highly efficient bodies to our highly efficient bodies?!
budomove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:29 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by budomove
Are we likening our highly efficient bodies to our highly efficient bodies?!
no speak english?!

Old 07-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #8
Supporting Member

bodies to cars, i meant to say. in response to toecutters inability to get less mpgs when he eats.
budomove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:17 AM   #9
Registered Member

My weight is 150-155. I can't gain anything no matter what I eat.

I am cycling across iowa in two weeks. I wonder if that will have any affect on my weight (I am skinny and don't need to lose any weight).

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:32 PM   #10
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
my weight cycles between 160 and 180 all depending on if im lifting or surfing a lot. just like you guys, its completely independant of food intake, strictly muscle mass. last time i check my body fat % it was just south of 5%