My latest project - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2008, 06:43 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
i asked my grandpa what color it was originally and he cant remember, ive found paint in the hidden areas and it was a dark like a hunter or forest green cab with black running boards and fenders, im not sure what color the bed was. wheels will be black with silver center caps, lug nuts, and lock rings(split rims, eeek)

AH HA!! Then I have a treat for you!! You'll have to wait until next weekend though. I have a feeling my buddy will be at next weekends show. What will he be driving? Well, actually he trailers it.....but....it's a GREEN w/black fenders AA. His bed is black but the wood posts are natural. (quite beautiful) I'll be sure to get some real good detailed pics for you as inspiration and something to show your grandpa to jog his memory.

Quite often he wins Best of Show with it as the wood work is phenomenal. I'll have to print out some pics of yours for him as well since we normally park together at the shows when I drive the Chevy (I'm an honorary member of the A&T club since I have a heavily modified Chevy Sacrilege to cut up an original T or A ). He has an A 4dr sedan too. If he's not at next weekends show, I'll run into him soon. I have to start hitting all the shows anyway.

BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #22
Registered Member

that would be neat, see if he belongs to any A or AA forums im on them.

yes they really were beautiful. natural wood everywhere (its whats between the bed and the frame) also the stake sides (my grandpa says he has some somewhere on the farm in one of the sheds, just cant find em and i dont know what they look like... (lots of grain wagon stake sides too so get pics od the bed sides and the metal work on them)

theres also wood in the cab room (it is the cab roof lol) its all oak too.
same with the floor under the carpet, its oak floorboards (hence where the name floorboards came from)

someone replaced my roof with tinsheet, it used to be a black canvas stretched over those wood supports.

the lever above the windshield is my wiper lever, yes thats right manual wiper. most people nowadays just rainX it, with a perfectly flat windshield thats vertical it runs off!

now its not in the pics but pickup cabs had 2 pockets on either side (where the seatbelt would attach on a modern shoulder belt by your shoulder) called mail pockets. since there was no center console or much of a dashboard you had to put it somewhere and they are just wide and deep enough to securely hold a standard legal envelope of today.

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:56 AM   #23

My street rod still has wood floors (not original of course ). Also has wood framing for everything else too. Marine wood replaced all the original wood. I need to scan in my pictures, I had them on disk somewhere but misplaced them. The wood was replaced a few years ago when digital pictures weren't the norm and it was the previous owner who did it (not a technoguru).

I run it a lot harder than the previous owner so I've added a few stress cracks around the windshield pillar and the roof (padded vinyl over wood). There is a little body twist since I'm running around 450hp on 4:56 gears - it'll easily break them loose romping on it from a 70mph roll. I've got an electric wiper that is useless but I install it whenever I get my inspections done with the NSRA, the rest of the time I pull it.

Hard to say if he belong to any forums. I'm sure he'll be there at the next show this weekend. The T/A club always represents well when it is a charitable event.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #24

I went to the show today. Of course the AA club showed as I suspected. Sooo, without further delay here's a Moss Rock Green? '31 AA. (files attached)
Attached Images