mythbusters testing gas savers - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-10-2006, 10:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
 
GasSavers_Diemaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 163
Country: United States
mythbusters testing gas savers

it was on tonight!

they tested the magnets, hydrogen fuel cell, asatone in gas, pure hydrogen, a super carborator, and vegie oil.

u got to watch it for the data.

some one should show them this site. and all the ideas they didnt test like the pvc catch can and increesed air in tires.

i told matt to watch it but he didnt get the IM.
__________________

__________________
I ♥ my EM2


Need this stuff gone!
http://www.honda-tech.com/zero...67053[/B]
GasSavers_Diemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:19 PM   #2
Driving on E
 
Matt Timion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,110
Country: United States
Re: mythbusters testing gas savers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemaster
it was on tonight!

they tested the magnets, hydrogen fuel cell, asatone in gas, pure hydrogen, a super carborator, and vegie oil.

u got to watch it for the data.

some one should show them this site. and all the ideas they didnt test like the pvc catch can and increesed air in tires.

i told matt to watch it but he didnt get the IM.
I was upstairs. I wonder if they show repeats on TLC. I'll have to check the schedule.
__________________

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
 
Compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,460
Country: United States
at least freaking share the

at least freaking share the results.
__________________

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:05 AM   #4
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 19
Country: United States
I only got the last bit.

I only got the last bit. They were trying to run a car off straight hydrogen/water from plans they found on the net (hydrostar?). That didn't work(duh). They then ran the engine off a big cylinder of compressed hydrogen which kept it running but resulted in an impressive fireball/backfire. They did say magnets did nothing, acetone did nothing and the 'supercarb' did nothing. Not sure which/what type of carburetor they tested. Basically the only thing they tested that worked was WVO in a MB diesel. I would guess it will be on again. If I know when I'll try and post ahead of time. If anyone could provide more details I'd appreciate it.
iburnh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:02 AM   #5
Moderator
 
GasSavers_DaX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,209
Country: United States
Re: I only got the last bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iburnh2o
I only got the last bit. They were trying to run a car off straight hydrogen/water from plans they found on the net (hydrostar?). That didn't work(duh). They then ran the engine off a big cylinder of compressed hydrogen which kept it running but resulted in an impressive fireball/backfire. They did say magnets did nothing, acetone did nothing and the 'supercarb' did nothing. Not sure which/what type of carburetor they tested. Basically the only thing they tested that worked was WVO in a MB diesel. I would guess it will be on again. If I know when I'll try and post ahead of time. If anyone could provide more details I'd appreciate it.
Haha, sounds like we started watching it at exactly the same point.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:34 AM   #6
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,978
Country: United States
Dangit

Dangit! I watch it every Wednesday night, and last night, I worked instead -- moral of the story: TV first, Work later...
__________________
rh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:43 AM   #7
Registered Member
 
JanGeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,442
Country: United States
Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
from pes_acetone "Caught an

from pes_acetone

"Caught an episode of myth busters a couple days ago. They were trying all the fuel saving gadgets. They used acetone, at a ratio of about 100:1. They said the car got worse mileage with acetone. That
certainly is correct, at that ratio!"

the correct ratio is 466.666 to one 3oz to 1280oz (3oz to 10 gallons)
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:57 AM   #8
Driving on E
 
Matt Timion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,110
Country: United States
Re: from pes_acetone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGeo
from pes_acetone

"Caught an episode of myth busters a couple days ago. They were trying all the fuel saving gadgets. They used acetone, at a ratio of about 100:1. They said the car got worse mileage with acetone. That
certainly is correct, at that ratio!"

the correct ratio is 466.666 to one 3oz to 1280oz (3oz to 10 gallons)
Wow...

cognitive dissonance.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
 
Compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,460
Country: United States
Re: from pes_acetone"Caught an

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGeo
from pes_acetone

"Caught an episode of myth busters a couple days ago. They were trying all the fuel saving gadgets. They used acetone, at a ratio of about 100:1. They said the car got worse mileage with acetone. That
certainly is correct, at that ratio!"

the correct ratio is 466.666 to one 3oz to 1280oz (3oz to 10 gallons)
Bull****.
Acetone this, acetone that. The only thing proven about acetone is it kills your fuel system.
__________________

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:35 PM   #10
Moderator
 
GasSavers_DaX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,209
Country: United States
Re: from pes_acetone"Caught an

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGeo
from pes_acetone

"Caught an episode of myth busters a couple days ago. They were trying all the fuel saving gadgets. They used acetone, at a ratio of about 100:1. They said the car got worse mileage with acetone. That
certainly is correct, at that ratio!"

the correct ratio is 466.666 to one 3oz to 1280oz (3oz to 10 gallons)
Bull****.
Acetone this, acetone that. The only thing proven about acetone is it kills your fuel system.

Additives. Guilty until proven innocent.

This is pretty much how I feel, except Compaq used a much more explicit way of expressing it.
__________________

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Matching EPA Type to My Car DastardlyDan Fuelly Web Support and Community News 2 10-26-2009 07:16 AM
Incorrect Milage Calcuatlion PatM Fuelly Web Support and Community News 4 07-17-2009 08:21 PM
Hydrogen or H2O Systems 1Jal1 General Fuel Topics 4 10-11-2008 02:20 AM
An American Perspective on Driving in Canada rh77 General Discussion (Off-Topic) 28 03-24-2006 10:42 PM
"active" aero grille slats on 06 civic concept MetroMPG General Fuel Topics 21 01-03-2006 01:02 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.