new wheel (look) on the yaris - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Registered Member

new wheel (look) on the yaris

well I have been playing around with this idea for a long time. I finally bit the bullet. before anyone even says, I am looking into center caps.

old look VVV

new look VVV

I popped off the hub caps and cleaned the wheels. I repainted them a flat black. I used an interesting trick to not get paint on the tires. it was interesting to say the least. I then popped on some old school beauty bands. here are some other random shots during the process.

I know it is a little different and odd. I never liked the fact that my black car had silver hub caps. I thought heavily about just painting the hub caps but this way I can go back if I don't like it after a while.

I am considering some chrome center caps as well. still thinking on this as it is a bit tricky since there are no direct fit parts for a center cap on a yaris.

THE BEEF

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Re: new wheel (look) on the yaris

There in lies the problem with a black car . . . I painted my stock caps white to match my white xB . . . Stainless or Chrome also looks good . . . Going back to my racing disk days. The silver never seemed like the right color since nothing else on the car matches it. Nice card trick!

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
Registered Member

Re: new wheel (look) on the yaris

a member on yarisworld.com actually told me a napa number of a dust cap that goes good with this setup.

it looks good to me.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #4
Registered Member

I like it. George Barris the King of Kustom would be proud. Its got a great old school look.
AbsolutelyRedHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:25 AM   #5
Registered Member

I have always liked the look of steelies. Many of your best sleeper muscle cars simply had some steelies hung on them Any more info on the dust caps? I'd like to ape this look on my Echo, there's a Civic up the street rocking this look too.
Jcp385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:54 AM   #6
Registered Member

I love steelies too, no idea why, they just look tough and rugged and it doesn't matter if they get bashed either, here's a few of my previous cars with steelies. I was going to get a set for the Clio with some winter tyres attached.

I also love unpainted bumpers, below is the UK's cheapest car at £5995 brand new! I just love the utilitarian/commercial looks of the bumper/steel wheel combo!

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote