NHRA Drag Nationals - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-09-2006, 07:37 AM   #1

NHRA Drag Nationals

Well this past weekend I went to the Atlanta Drag Nationals put on by the NHRA. If you've never been, you really don't know what you're missing. I promise you that the first time a top fuel dragster goes by it will blow your mind and justify the price of the ticket. Next time I need to remember sunscreen though!

Anyhow I had a blast (this was my 2nd year) watching racing all day. I saw some 327 mph passes and some great mid to high 4 second runs. The left side of the track was giving drivers traction problems all day saturday.

Since this is a gas conscious forum, I thought I'd throw out some gas-wise info:

<ul>
<li>Top fuel (Nitromethane) costs around $30 / gallon.
<li>A top fuel dragster burns about 11 gallons in one run.
<li>A dragster's fuel pump is capable of flowing about 92 gallons/minute
</ul>

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:40 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
This weekend at the Route 66

This weekend at the Route 66 raceway in Joliet, Illinois, the National Electric Drag Racing Association is holding the High Voltage Nationals.

John Wayland expects to pull an 11 second 1/4 mile in his street legal battery electric Datsun 1200, and Matt Graham will have his 13 second Nissan 240SX there. Father Time and Bill Dube will also have their elecric drag bikes there. Bill Dube's Killacycle pulls 9s...

I'm certainly going to be there.

The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:46 AM   #3

Re: This weekend at the Route 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toecutter
This weekend at the Route 66 raceway in Joliet, Illinois, the National Electric Drag Racing Association is holding the High Voltage Nationals.

John Wayland expects to pull an 11 second 1/4 mile in his street legal battery electric Datsun 1200, and Matt Graham will have his 13 second Nissan 240SX there. Father Time and Bill Dube will also have their elecric drag bikes there. Bill Dube's Killacycle pulls 9s...

I'm certainly going to be there.
Awesome! I'd like to see some pictures if you've got a camera. Is there a schedule of events for the High Voltage Nationals? Where can I find out if they come to my city at?
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:58 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
https://www.fveaa.org/ The

http://www.fveaa.org/

The nationals are only in Joliet this year.
The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote