OBD2 device for fuel economy - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2015, 02:39 AM   #1

OBD2 device for fuel economy

Hello.
We are working on a new OBD II tracker/scanner. Our device is almost finished but we still have time to add new functions or change some of the existing ones. I want your advice to make it better if it is interesting for you to participate in the process of creating a new device for your car.
Main functions of the device:
- reads engine error codes;
- shows the data from dashboard indicators;
- real-time 24/7 vehicle monitoring;
- location tracking;
- notification when vehicle enters or leaves a geo-fence;
- driver's behavior analysis;
- accident notification;
- 3d reconstruction of the accident;
- mobile application;
This device will help you to economize fuel. It shows rapid accelerations and you can correct you driving habits to economize fuel.
Which other functions would you find useful? What functions do you think are unnecessary?
I will be thankful for any ideas. Feel free to say what you think.

SamWitwicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:37 PM   #2
Registered Member

I think there is already a product like that on the market called Blue Driver App. Here is a video of the product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drod5bYV_VM

luv2spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:56 AM   #3

[QUOTE=luv2spd;185559]I think there is already a product like that on the market called Blue Driver App. Here is a video of the product.

Not exactly. We are making a device with professional sensors inside which gives users more opportunities than this app + scanner.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:58 AM   #4
Registered Member

If you want to market it for fuel economy, then you need to look at what functionality people using a ScanGuage II are using. I don't have one, but would suspect tinks like Average Fuel Consumption, instantaneous Fuel Consumption, Water/ Oil Temp, and others. In addition, if you go down this route, you will have to allow users to enter a "correction" factor, like you can on a ScanGuage to get the Fule Consumption more accurate, otherwise, it will simply display the same as any onboard display.

Good luck with your New Product, it sounds like it is more for commercial drivers, looking at all the tracking functionality.

Oliver.
OliverGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:30 AM   #5

Thank you for the advice
Old 10-06-2015, 09:44 PM   #6

I'm using a ScanGauge II along with the onboard computer in my 2015 Mazda 3 GT. It's a great little device and has lots of functionality to it. My only complaint is that it's limited to displaying only four gauges at any time, so I'm limited on what information can displayed, although I think the overall size of the display is what limits the number of gauges. Would really be nice if someone made a device that allowed you to display more gauges, or provide a "scan" feature that would cycle through multiple gauges, like on a bicycle computer. Being able to customize the gauge names is a nice feature, as is the ability to add vehicle specific gauges to the unit's internal database. Good luck with your product.
NYroadside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYroadside View Post
I'm using a ScanGauge II along with the onboard computer in my 2015 Mazda 3 GT. It's a great little device and has lots of functionality to it. My only complaint is that it's limited to displaying only four gauges at any time, so I'm limited on what information can displayed, although I think the overall size of the display is what limits the number of gauges. Would really be nice if someone made a device that allowed you to display more gauges, or provide a "scan" feature that would cycle through multiple gauges, like on a bicycle computer. Being able to customize the gauge names is a nice feature, as is the ability to add vehicle specific gauges to the unit's internal database. Good luck with your product.
You can control all gauges on your phone with our device. And not only gauges. You can use it like an security system. LAnd like GPS tracker. If you're interested I will send you link on Kickstarter when we launch it.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:03 PM   #8

Sure. Sounds cool. Send the link when you have it. Thanks.
NYroadside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:34 AM   #9
Registered Member

Yes! I'm interested too, please send me the link
Old 10-30-2015, 05:46 AM   #10

I'm sorry I haven't contacted you the last few weeks but I've been very busy with my project.
We have filmed some more videos for Kickstarter. Next week we are going to start our Kickstarter campaign, so you will be able to see the result of our work.
I will keep you updated!