okay, can't resist: Honda Beat - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2006, 02:43 PM   #11

Re: yeah - a 15 year old used

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
i highly recommend trying a mid-engine car if you ever get the chance.
The Beat looks awesome...and I couldn't agree with you more on the midengine platform - the balance is highly on point. My first vehicle was a 1973 Porsche 914 [I think there's a picture of it somewhere on here already] - an absolute blast to drive. I sold it because parts are pretty expensive, and I was having a mechanical issue about once a month. As a struggling college student that can not only not afford the repairs, but also one who relies heavily on his car, I had to let it go.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:50 AM   #12
FE nut

Quote:I sold it because

Quote:
I sold it because parts are pretty expensive, and I was having a mechanical issue about once a month.
Is it possible that Volkswagen parts would have worked? My uncle has told me several times that sometimes VW parts can be used on a Porche.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:26 AM   #13
JDM-IMPORTS

Hello all, it's Mitch from

Hello all, it's Mitch from JDM-IMPORTS... just to clarify the price quoted includes everything landed in Toronto. This includes shipping, GST, import duties etc. We provide all the paperwork to register the car in your province and the cars are 100% street legal.

Most cars in Japan will have under 100K, usually around 60K, and virtually no rust. The cars are well maintained as well.

Other compact cars available in Japan only would be the Nissan Figaro, a retro compact car with modern day amenities. The Rover Mini and Suzuki Cappuccino are cool cars too! Japan has many cool compacts that are unfortunately not available here.

The only limitation we currently have in Canada is that the car must be 15 years or older. We are importing 1991 models now.

If you have any questions, drop me a line at mitch@jdm-imports.com We are located in Toronto, Canada.

Thanks!
Mitch
www.JDM-IMPORTS.com
Old 02-02-2006, 10:44 AM   #14
Registered Member

way to watch your web

way to watch your web referrer logs, Mitch!

i continue to mull over the idea of a getting a Beat. it remains on the top of my "wish list", anyway.

thanks for the clarifications and best of luck with your business.

Darin
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:56 AM   #15

Re: Quote:I sold it because

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry
Quote:
I sold it because parts are pretty expensive, and I was having a mechanical issue about once a month.
Is it possible that Volkswagen parts would have worked? My uncle has told me several times that sometimes VW parts can be used on a Porche.
Some of the parts were interchangable, yes - especially on the 914. But still, I was 19 when I sold it, and I was working at MediaPlay earing $6/hour part time...not exactly able to support a nice car hobby at the time.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:25 AM   #16
FE nut

Quote:Some of the parts were

Quote:
Some of the parts were interchangable, yes - especially on the 914. But still, I was 19 when I sold it, and I was working at MediaPlay earing $6/hour part time...not exactly able to support a nice car hobby at the time.
Been there before. I know what you mean.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:39 PM   #17
Supporting Member

check this out, says they'll

check this out, says they'll be importing a Beat.
might be worth watching for.
Click here
GasSavers_nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:52 PM   #18
Registered Member

interesting - thanks. i also

interesting - thanks.

i also heard back from Mitch at jdm-imports.com and he says he has also decided to import a beat to toronto. if he does, i hope to go have a look at it.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #19
Driving on E

If any of you see a

If any of you see a mini-cooper engine (original mini, not the new one) please let me know. My understanding is that they have abundant parts available, AND can be made to easily fit in my n600.

They apparently even came in EFI, but that option is rather rare.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:53 PM   #20
*shrug*

I know of a beat *** one,

I know of a beat *** one, mehbe I could get it as a parts car for you?

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote