Open Hunting Season in GA - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #11
Site Team / Moderator

LOL @ the poo shooter...

One that hit my dad (and I really mean the deer hit my dad, ran straight into the side of his van as he was going 55 MPH. Mucho poo...

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:44 PM   #12
Registered Member

My wife always freaks whenever there's critters on the road
"You're steering straight for it!"
"Yes, because that's where it WON'T be by the time we get there!"

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #13
howlinjaybyrd

I live in ga and my uncle always told me, jokingly of course, if there are deer crossing the road, and you can't avoid hitting one of them, first, hit the brakes so the front of your car will be lower to the ground and right at impact, stomp on the gas to shift the weight to the back of the car which in turn raises the front end and throws the deer over your car. That being said, I live way back in the woods in ga and my mom has hit 3 deer head on in the past two years, and I hit one last week. I was going about 60 at night and another car was coming the other way with their brights still on and as soon as the car passed me there was a deer running from the left side of the road and I swerved to the right just barely off the road and the doe had ran into the left front fender and then I lost control but got back on the road ok. I turned around to see if the deer was dead but it was just standing in the middle of the road and there was a car hauling "ice" coming towards it so I flashed my lights like crazy and they stopped way ahead of time and I got out of the car and tried to shoo it away but it just stood there. The other car was about 20 yards away just watching me and I used my foot to shove the deer away little by little until it was about 5ft away from the road. I didn't want to get too close to the deer because they have fierce kicks, but this do I probably could have put her in the passenger seat and showed her around town considering how still and non responsive to me she was, and she probably wouldn't have moved a muscle. There was a lot of deer hair on the road but she seem ok. When I took a second look at the car the next day, there was a dent in the front left fender, the driver door and the rear driver side door, and there was deer hair in both door handles and the door in the rear would not open, which I got it to where it can now. I only remember getting hit in the front left fender and swerving to get control back but the dent in the rear driver side door was the worst dent which could be why I lost control and started fishtailing in a front wheel drive. All is good now though.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:59 PM   #14
howlinjaybyrd

Sorry, I didn't realize it was such a long post until I posted it, not used to posting to forums.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:20 AM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
Deer, be afraid of the deer, most dangerous North American animal...... leaps through your windshield at 60mph and bludgeons you to death.
I'm pretty sure the deer's perspective on that scenario is a little different...

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:33 AM   #16
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Welcome to the forum, howlinjaybyrd. Long posts are fine, but they are easier to read if you break them into paragraphs separated by blank lines.

What did you mean by 'a car hauling "ice"'?