Peakster's "Giant Billboard" Thread - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-05-2007, 07:55 PM   #11
Registered Member

Tire blowout today

Today, the pilot and I washed the truck and checked the tires for pressure at Prince Albert, SK. The passenger side rear tire was only at 22psi (it has had a slow leak from the start) so the pilot boosted it up to 40psi.

we drove for about 3 hours from there and when we reached about 10 kilometres from Canora SK, the pilot said "we need to stop in Canora to inflate the tire; it's really flat".

I looked outside the exterior mirror an indeed it was very flat.

Not even 2 minutes after finding this out, the tire blew and we stopped at the side of the highway. We then tried to replace the tire with the spare, but the security bolt on the tire was stripped and we couldn't get it off. We ended up towing the truck & trailer to Canora and getting it replaced there after chiseling off the locking nut.

Anyways, appearantly the pilot was angry with me because "I told you to stop in Preceville to get it filled, and now we just wrecked a $200 tire", however I have no recollection of him saying I should stop at all. In fact, I had no idea that the tire was getting low until he pointed it out just 2 minutes before the blowout.

Anyways, I just needed to vent. It's kinda crummy that I pretty much have to be on call 24/7 (not even a weekend off to go home all summer), but the good part is that I should have made lots of money so far and the entire job itself is about 2/5ths completed.

Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:54 AM   #12
Registered Member

Be a hero and buy a tire plugging kit and small compressor to keep in the truck.

Sorry it's been a hassle.