Possibly doing the unthinkable. Would like your input - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2006, 02:59 PM   #21
Registered Member

Just measure the output with a DMM.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #22
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
Just measure the output with a DMM.
Oh, that reminds me... which wires are you tapping into to measure the AFR on the VX?

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:32 PM   #23
Registered Member

Connect the positive lead to D14 and the negative lead to D16. This will give you positive readings above stoich and negative readings below stoich. When the O2 is not warmed up, you will see a constant -0.8 reading. When the engine coolant and O2 are up to operating temp, you should see the reading spike to +0.4. At that point you will feel that it takes an exaggerated amount of throttle position opening to accelerate.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:36 PM   #24
FE nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
I might have to visit that. I'm not a big fan of the Matrix for some reason, probably b/c of the price.

Part of me is trying to find a way to get the fit in indiana on ebay though... argh.
Wherabouts in Indiana is that Fit? I would consider a road trip if I could figure out how to get back home.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:49 PM   #25
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry
Wherabouts in Indiana is that Fit? I would consider a road trip if I could figure out how to get back home.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-Fi...QQcmdZViewItem

I really shouldn't get it now... I should actually be spending my money on my debt before I enter into more debt.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #26
FE nut

Quote:

I really shouldn't get it now... I should actually be spending my money on my debt before I enter into more debt.
I hear you. Maybe I shouldn't mention that Carmel is only about 2 1/2 hours from my house?

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #27

Quote:

Let me tell you how truly wonderful it is to be high-interest debt free. Don't dig yourself deeper...get out of the high interest debt first then enjoy your life.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:01 PM   #28
Registered Member

In Carmel Monthly

I usually stay in the Carmel area when I go to Indianapolis (which is often). I'll be there 9/20 - 9/22.

CarMax (usually overpriced, but gigantic selection) has a Fit Manual for $18K, in Norcross, GA. Probably around $700 to ship:

http://www.carmax.com/dyn/search/sea...esx=2&zd=&m=23

On a seperate note, I really respect the debt reduction plan. Hence my recommendation to go used. I know it's not new and may it have fries under the seat, but it's reliable and could get you back on track to the plus-side. And, the selection is much larger.

RH77
Old 09-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #29
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
...On a seperate note, I really respect the debt reduction plan. Hence my recommendation to go used. I know it's not new and may it have fries under the seat, but it's reliable and could get you back on track to the plus-side. And, the selection is much larger.RH77
yeah, what he said.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:10 PM   #30
Registered Member

no one has mention it but i will and i don't care nissan sucks, i think the Versa has good value and its 6spd is good for some hypermiling capability... ironircally most 6spd drivers are getting more mpg than the CVT drivers even thought the CVT is geared way taller...

well its a Nissan but I've heard more bad than good from Nissan however, I must admit their prices are right on the spot for what you get. Heck I've been looking at the base model for awhile but I know Nissans depreciates fast...

plus not to be bias but... I'm weary of the plant that builded the Versa as opposed to the Japan built Fit.

and a guy is selling his used versa on the nissanversa.org forums too! so who knows, you might find a deal on the subcompacts... its been a month or two since their release so people are beggining to make up their minds since the cost of gas just went down :P

good luck! either or getting into a "new fresh" car rocks! i can't wait till my time happens.

although i haven't test driven both cars, so far the Versa would be my choice if I were to shop a new subcompact. Since I'm a city driver the short gearing does not bug me much and I'm willing to sacraface some cargo capability for a more comfortable quiet ride.

And although Im not too sure... i have a nick i'd have more fun rowing a 6spd than a 5spd due to I hate long gear drops.