Power windows on a VX? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #1
VX trainee

Power windows on a VX?

I'm contemplating adding power windows to my `92 VX, since I finally got some nice Integra seats, got the keyless entry/power locks working, etc.

Has anyone done this? If so, did you use OEM motors/regulators or aftermarket?

Thanks!

4bfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:02 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
I do know that there is an aftermarket company that makes a power window conversion for manual windows. Found it, SPAL HERE and the installation on a 91 CRX (pretty close to an install for our civics) HERE

I hope that helps you out. You can also find the SPAL kits on EBAY for less than $100.

So you got a DIY going for the installation of the OEM power locks? I'd be interested in seeing it. Or you could post/PM me the details as I'd like to do the power lock deal for my VX as well as getting an alarm, either OEM or aftermarket pager type.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:25 AM   #3
Registered Member

i think you can use the doors from a 92-95 civic EX coupe, and connect the wires. thats how I did mines on my DX coupe.
civic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:02 AM   #4
VX trainee

TomO: This is the same kit I used....pretty simple to install (there is a link to install manual) has good directions. Biggest pain was routing wires from chassis to door. You can also get the power lock/unlock switches, (which I wish I had done 1st time around) just ordered those this week, will have to take doors apart again to install them (sigh). I also ordered the power trunk kit, so I can use the "aux" button on the remotes to unlock the hatch. That would be nice when you're struggling with a bunch of stuff your wife bought, eh? They also have an alarm system available.

http://www.power-locks.com/KEPL/HondaCivic.htm

I'm leaning toward OEM parts for the power windows, since the manual regulator on the driver's side is shot....cheapest I've found them is around $50-60. And I can buy a power regulator for that much, or less. Just need to know what will work on the VX for sure.

I've looked at several aftermarket kits, most are around $100, but that doesn't fix my manual regulator.
4bfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:44 AM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
The power window regulators will bolt into the VX doors if that was what you were wondering...the easiest way I can think of getting the wires through the door and into the chassis would be to get the entire door harness and then getting the interior harness hacked off so you can use that connector between the door and chassis as well. It's much easier to change out the harnesses in the door frame and the chassis than trying to run wires through the rubber connector. It's just a matter of wiring up the power and such for the locks/windows. The glass is the same between the power and non-power windows so the regulators and control module/harnesses would get you well on your way to having OEM power windows and locks.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
the easiest way I can think of getting the wires through the door and into the chassis would be to get the entire door harness and then getting the interior harness hacked off so you can use that connector between the door and chassis as well.
That's how I did the wiring in my CRX. The sedan door connectors have way more pins than the CRX connectors did. Something like 8 vs. 19.

GasSavers_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote