rants - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-10-2007, 04:02 PM   #11
Registered Member

I dunno, today someone posted a picture where he had altered his license plate to say 666 666. Are you going to get on him for promoting satanism? I think we ought to just leave it all out of it. If someone chooses a "Jesus" handle or a "Satan" handle, whatever...

Old 08-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #12
Supporting Member

i dont get how people even need a/c no joke. the heat index here is 104 today and all i do i crack the windows one in front and one on the back right. On slow down to a red light or a stop sighn i click the window button so it rolls down auto and im fine its kinda crazy that people need it at all

Old 08-10-2007, 05:59 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
I dunno, today someone posted a picture where he had altered his license plate to say 666 666. Are you going to get on him for promoting satanism?
Actually I feel a little busted, cuz I thought that was funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
I think we ought to just leave it all out of it. If someone chooses a "Jesus" handle or a "Satan" handle, whatever...
I know, I get on these rants, can't explain it. Want to change the world.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #14
Registered Member

It's the same type of anger I get when someone leaves AC running as when someone parks in my labeled parking spot for work. it's the only one with sign, yet people still park there all the time. I've always wanted to slash a tire or just push it to the hill 10ft away, but somehow I resist.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:08 PM   #15
Supporting Member

I want a labeled spot!
Old 08-10-2007, 06:34 PM   #16
Registered Member

Your just have to drive a shuttle around all day and provide a service and then you ould get one too!
Old 08-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #17
Registered Member

Maybe we need a Pledge

How about this:

We pledge tolerance
to the members
of the Site called "GasSavers".
...and to the environment
for which we help
one place, for FE
indivisible, with economy
and experiments for all.

Rip it apart, modify it -- do what you must. I threw it together in a minute or 2. If you're in it to save money, "economy" has you covered. If you're in it for the environment, there you go too. For the challenge? "Just one place for FE". Religion could be built-in depending on your views.

Bottom line...

What can make this forum great (and has) is simply tolerance: especially of Religion and Politics.

But these are merely 2 topics that I no longer touch with a "10-foot pole", using my own opinion. I don't think my opinion is going to do anything but find a few supporters and very vocal opposition. Then we might lose ground on experiments or ideas while we discuss it.

I still enjoy reading a different point-of-view now and then. It's the same old cheesy adage: "If we all were the same, this would be a boring place".

-Rick
Old 08-11-2007, 05:08 AM   #18
Registered Member

Tolerance, only problem is there is a message of extreme intolerance inherent many belief systems, i.e. nyah nyah, I'm going to heaven, but you don't believe like me so you and most everyone you ever knew or loved is going to burn forever in hell.

That is what you are saying when you wear it on your sleeve, IMHO. Understand, it can be a real anger provoking message that people think other people will receive such treatment, when it is completely unknowable to begin with.

I can tolerate a lot, even people believing they are better because of their supernatural beliefs, but the implied damnation is damnable and is no way to view your fellow humans.

Let me tell you a story I heard one sunday,

Man goes to his minister, says "my son is lazy, isn't working and hangs out at the bar all the time, I'm afraid he is going to burn in hell for his ways".

Minister says "Ok, here is what we do, we will gather a bunch of wood and build a huge fire outside the bar, then we will wait for him to come out and we will throw him in the fire".

Man says "I COULDN'T DO THAT TO MY OWN SON!!!"

Minister says "Neither could God".

Ok, back to projects.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:48 AM   #19
Registered Member

I'm a Southern Baptist, and yes I know our reputation. But if you want to worship Satan or a fat guy or the tree in the back yard (or the bush in the front yard, if you are a reformed Druid), that's your business. I only have a problem with religions that say believe as I do or I'll kill you. The only reason we should go to war over religion in this day and age is if the other side converts by the sword. I know people who worship many different things, many different Gods, and the same God as I do, only in different ways. They can all go to Hell in their own handbasket as far as I'm concerned, but I'm not going to be the one to send them there, nor am I going to constantly preach to try and convert them to my religion. Even Jesus said to spread the gospel, but kick the dust of the door of he who will not hear from your feet as you depart.

Now if someone is trying to hasten MY departure from this earthly vale of tears because I don't believe as they do, then we have a problem. If your religion says I must convert or I must be killed, don't be surprised if I don't shoot back, cheek or no cheek, because if I don't I'm liable to find my head an unnatural distance from my body one day.

On the key thing, I was initially going to suggest driving the vehicle around the block, then leaving the engine idling, but that would be auto theft. Pitching the keys onto the roof would be far less serious. How about leaving a note on the glass that says "Thanks for leaving the keys! This car has just been "stolen" by Virtual Grand Theft Auto, Inc!!! The environment also thanks you for polluting the atmosphere for no reason, and Exxon thanks you for your gas-wasting contribution to their record profits!"
Telco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:52 AM   #20
Registered Member

Do you allow kids to be terrorized by the threat of eternal damnation?