Ron Paul 2008 - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2007, 03:37 PM   #31
*shrug*

If you knew the people I went to school with I'd seem like a dumbass...I wonder what kind of support ron paul has here...

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:27 PM   #32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
i appreciate that you think for yourself. your state is mostly dem right? the katrina fiasco, if i remember, was created when local gov't "dropped the ball." those dems blamed "others" instead.

well it's good to hear from an informed voter!
And so Ron Paul has something to do with that how?

If you want to slam Democrats in general, I suggest a new thread. I don't want to muddy up this one with that issue.

Stepping back into topic, I contend that Ron Paul isn't a true Republican, as his ideology clearly takes a step back from the micromanagement of peoples' lives with a live and let live mentality. That is actually the Libertarian view. I.e., "I don't care what you do in your own home, just don't touch my stuff!"

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:29 PM   #33
*shrug*

I fancied him as a bit of a libertarian too, expect he had a few things I didn't think were so much so, but up in NH republicans and libertarians seem to be about the same.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:54 PM   #34
Registered Member

Radio talk show host Thom Hartmann likes to refer to them as 'Republicans who like to smoke pot and get laid.'

That's probably keeping him out of popularity with 'right to life' and 'gay marriage-a-phobes'. Don't expect Focus on the Family to be rendering an endorsement there.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:47 PM   #35
Supporting Member

Paul believes in property rights. He doesn't believe anyone has the right to pollute.

my favorite thread
88HF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:26 PM   #36
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snax View Post
And so Ron Paul has something to do with that how?

If you want to slam Democrats in general, I suggest a new thread. I don't want to muddy up this one with that issue.

Stepping back into topic, I contend that Ron Paul isn't a true Republican, as his ideology clearly takes a step back from the micromanagement of peoples' lives with a live and let live mentality. That is actually the Libertarian view. I.e., "I don't care what you do in your own home, just don't touch my stuff!"
sorry!, forgot about this thread. YES, the comment about the dems IS pertinent to this thread. simply because 88HF is in an area of prodominantly dem voters, yet he chooses to think(and vote) for himself.

i've seen it MANY times--an uniformed voter, voting strictly on heresay, follows the crowd blindly; be it family, social status, income range, etc.

now as far as the mud slinging goes, the repubs have been blasted far more than the dems on this site! it's agreed tho, no more on this thread.

i'll say it again. we need more independent politcians. but, can any party outside the dems and repubs win a major election?
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:36 PM   #37
*shrug*

Can anyone really call southern democrats "democrats" in the normal sense...just look at the guy running for governor of Mississippi! Bah.

Independents could win with major overhaul of the election system, however, the US has been a country for too long and now it's stagnant to any real change.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:45 PM   #38
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88HF View Post
If you want to get involved with a president that will help stop subsidizing gasoline
he will probably be assassinated within the first year of presidency.

i am very likely going to be voting for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snax View Post
i agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
If you knew the people I went to school with I'd seem like a dumbass...I wonder what kind of support ron paul has here...
intelligence does not imply wisdom. but to address the second issue of support from dartmouth, i trust that most would research before rushing to judgment.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:09 PM   #39
Supporting Member

bowtieguy -

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
sorry!, forgot about this thread. YES, the comment about the dems IS pertinent to this thread. simply because 88HF is in an area of prodominantly dem voters, yet he chooses to think(and vote) for himself.

i've seen it MANY times--an uniformed voter, voting strictly on heresay, follows the crowd blindly; be it family, social status, income range, etc.

now as far as the mud slinging goes, the repubs have been blasted far more than the dems on this site! it's agreed tho, no more on this thread.

i'll say it again. we need more independent politcians.
Would you be willing to have publicly funded elections? Again, that would cost you and me more in taxes, but then we could go back to calling a bribe a bribe instead of a "campaign contribution".

Quote:
but, can any party outside the dems and repubs win a major election?
I think that Instant-Runoff-Voting (IRV) would go a long way towards solving the big/little party problem :

http://www.instantrunoff.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant-runoff_voting

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:43 PM   #40
Registered Member

Carlos,

VERY good info. had no idea something like IRV existed. can you imagine the risk/reward factor to the two major parties if this was fully implemented?

it would give independents a chance while making the "big dogs" clean up their acts or be forced out.

yes more/higher taxes is a sore spot for me. the gov't needs to budget like many of us do. perhaps that's what makes Ron Paul so attractive.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote