Self Health Poll - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: How do you approach your own healthcare?
i fully depend on traditional healthcare including prescription drugs, MDs, and govt regulation. 3 23.08%
i believe drugs, govt, and MDs serve a purpose, but natural remedies should be used as well. 8 61.54%
i couldn't care less...i'll drink, smoke, and eat twinkies until i die. 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2009, 04:07 AM   #51
Registered Member

I can't understand denying people the right to die, either.

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:34 AM   #52
Site Team / Moderator

Arrow

Nope, that's what hospice is for. My great aunt was anemic. She was tired of going into the hospital for blood transfusions. She had the best treatments for as long as she wanted them. When she decided that she didn't want to go into the hospital for another painful procedure, knowing that she'd just have to go back in a week, we called hospice.

Hospice was great. She was a lot of work to care for, and to alleviate the stress on the family Hospice had someone in the house 24 hours/day. We could focus on being with her, and supporting her, while someone else was helping her get up and go to the bathroom, bathe, etc. Hospice also supplied us with a drug kit for her final hours with all sorts of stuff in it. Luckily, all she needed or wanted was the morphine - but we were prepared for just about anything with that kit. Hospice made it possible for her to pass peacefully at home with the family, without being a burden on the family.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:48 AM   #53

I DO drink, smoke, and eat twinkies. I will continue to do so until I die.

But drugs and conventional treatments aren't all bad, while all natural and home remedies aren't effective or rational.

There's a middle ground in there somewhere, and that's what I search for.
Mayhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #54
Registered Member

Re: Self Health Poll

http://maximizedliving.com/Home.aspx

for anyone struggling to maintain good health...
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #55
Registered Member

I raise almost all of my own food grown on organic, highly mineralized soils. Since getting away from the grocery store diet I've lost 20 lbs without even trying, energy level went up, stopped getting sleepy in the afternoon, stopped getting winter colds and flus, allergies have gone way down, and in general feel much better and healthier. My wife used to have to take Claritin during the oak and grass pollen seasons, but doesn't anymore. Last year, when at my wife's insistance I had my first physical in 18 years, I had perfect health and the doctor said I has the blood pressure of a 18 year old even though I'm in my mid 50's. I don't take any drugs, either perscription or otherwise.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #56
Registered Member

it's difficult to convince "lifers" that are addicted to manipulated food and drugs of this truth. and many doctors and gov't agencies are in on the "game"--some willingly, while others are simply following the broken protocol.

in typical form, this view is attacked both here and around the nation/globe. i wish people would just try it for themselves, like you have.

thanks for the props! once again your wisdom has amazed me--well beyond the fuel economy realm!
Old 02-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #57
Registered Member

i've been having some hip flexor issues in recent months and wanted to touch on this subject some more. it just so happens that my water consumption has decreased w/ lower temps and humidity being winter time. the past few days ive increased my consumption again which is yielding relief. any who, i ran across an article concerning alternative medicine and the treatment/effectiveness. check it out...http://homeopathic-treatment.com/
Old 02-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #58
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow

I increase my water consumption during winter to help prevent coming down with a cold. Not only does the hydration help my body operate well, but I'm pretty sure the constant throat irrigation helps wash away germs that are attacking there.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:33 AM   #59
Site Team / Moderator

Arrow Re: Self Health Poll

I always drink a lot of water. I drink more in the summer though. No a/c at work, and I rarely have the a/c on at home.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:36 AM   #60
Registered Member

None of you guys can be right. The news keeps telling me that we all have at least one foot in the grave from our bad health and need the government to provide our healthcare, "rightaway" to quote our president.

623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote