Show Your Sign! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2007, 11:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

Show Your Sign!

I've seen photos of some great bumper stickers and such on GasSavers, but I always have trouble finding them again when I want to show them to other people. So, I thought it might be useful (and fun) to have a thread where everyone can share their FE-related bumper stickers, signs, window clingers, and so on.

I'll kick it off with the magnetic sign I made for the Cabrio:

This is mostly to assist the poor decision-impaired drivers who can't decide what to do when they come upon someone driving slowly in the slow lane. I think what throws them is they can't imagine anyone willingly not exceeding the speed limit. The big red <-PASS- arrow seems to help them work it out.

I stole the "okay to pass" concept from a similar GasSavers sign, which is another reason I'd like to see everyone share -- some of you folks come up with great ideas others can use!

So how about you? Post a photo of your FE-/speed-/oil-/etc.-related bumper sticker or sign! (Just ideas and slogans are fine too.)

Thanks,
Rick

Old 08-18-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to OdieTurbo
Dude! I love that one! Too bad my Saturn is plastic!!!

Old 08-18-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
Registered Member

If you can't do magnetic and don't want to use bumper sticker paper, another option is printable static cling plastic. That'll give you a sign you can put in your rear window. Just remember to flip the image before you print it.

I really liked the one I stole the idea from -- it was a huge "PRODUCT TESTING IN PROGRESS / OKAY TO PASS" banner that went all the way across the trunk. (I hope the owner will post the image here so you can see what I'm talking about.) But there wasn't a good way to do that on the Cabrio, what with the big VW logo in the middle... so I had to punt.

Rick
Old 08-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
For a while I had some magnetic buissness cards that I painted and used vinyl stick on lettering to state my gas mileage (averaged over the last few months), but they fell appart because I just painted over the paper that was glued to the magent sheating, it got alot of suprized, and possitive comments, where befor that point I had a number of people ask why I drove a small (to them) car.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:05 PM   #5
Registered Member

That's a good one. I just taped a print out in my window:
Old 08-18-2007, 07:07 PM   #6
*shrug*

Very cool sign! I've never done anything interesting with my car sign-wise,
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
I used to have an OSHA style safety sign that said "THINK when you drive" but it recently was retired. But now I rock this:

$9.99 customizable plate frame from Wal-Mart.

It has even got a thumbs up from a State trooper and local police!

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:49 PM   #8
Supporting Member

Rick Rae -

Your magneto-sticker looks so professional that it should keep the tail-gators at bay. Here is what I use :

Attachment 849

The "A" is a copy of a WWII gas ration card. Maybe I should get the "C" card for my first initial, .

CarloSW2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gs_brakelight.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	726  

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:03 AM   #9

Rick Rae - Hmmmm, I've seen that idea before. I would of loved to have done magnetic but my Insight I had the similar one on was all plastic and glass. I take it you have a printer/plotter?

TomO - Hey, I just picked on of those up a few weeks ago at Goodwill for $1.50 new in package BUT as with everything else I own I've already misplaced it. Still I remember seeing yours and that was what even made me pick that up

cfg83 - I'm thinking the squirrel back there scares everyone and makes them pass you. Either way, you get phenomenal mileage with a SW2 back in my speed demon days all I could achieve was a cool 28MPG and that was before I stripped out the tranny. (OT to cfg83 others please disregard: my brother is supposed to be GIVING me a SL2 from what I've heard, he's not a mechanic and he dislikes it leaking oil - I'll be stripping the car for the interior to put in my avatar car so I'll have some parts soon - PM me if you are looking for something)
BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:14 AM   #10
Registered Member

Looking good, folks; keep 'em coming!

I like the ones that actually state your gas mileage -- maybe people will think about it a little. ("Geez, if I got 50MPG it'd be like paying a buck fifty for gas...") But I was concerned anything that came off as either bragging or humor might stoke the road rage fires, so I tried to give mine a dry, "official" tone. (Yes, I'm paranoid. )

CarloSW2, I like that you put the GasSavers.org sticker over the center brake light. Even if the light rarely comes on.

Ryland, I printed mine on sticker paper, attached it to a magnetic sheet, and sprayed it with fixative. It hasn't been rained on yet so I have no idea how it'll hold up. If it falls apart I'll try doing the same thing using a bumper sticker sheet; they do well in weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazabi Owner View Post
Rick Rae - Hmmmm, I've seen that idea before.
Ah, it was you, was it? Great sign, and I imagine it was very effective, being big and bold as it was. (I doubt anyone can read the "speed changes" warning on mine unless they're right on my bumper, and I wish I could have made the whole sign larger, too.) Any chance you can post the photo of yours to this thread?

Quote:
I take it you have a printer/plotter?
Yes, both an inkjet and a color laser for my business.

Rick