So I almost died last night.... - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2007, 03:12 PM   #11
Registered Member

Yeah, I was wearing my seatbelt, and it was a really stupid thing to do. If I'm not feeling better tomorrow, I'm going to go see a doctor, but I'm feeling better now than I was this morning, which is a good sign.

repete86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
At least ask no insist on a chest x-ray frontal and side views and maybe one of your neck. Internal organs can be damaged and bleed internally resulting in death so take it REALLY EASY for at least a week. You may have dislocated your shoulder. I crashed on my BMW one time and spend three days in bed at home with torn cartilage in my rib cage - talk about hurt - don't ever land on your arm between the ground and your chest. Also take a deep breath every half hour or so to keep your lungs clear of any fluids. OH YEAH and Don't ever do that again!!!

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:52 PM   #13
Registered Member

repete86: Most people have already hit the main points. Just because you feel fine DOES NOT mean that you ARE fine. Internal bleeding can kill. Even if you don't have insurance, is $300 worth gambling your life over? You are right that if there is nothing broken, then the doctors can't do much for you other than persscribe pain meds. BUT, if there is a serious complication that you can't just feel (ie, something that can only be detected by x-ray), then the doctors WILL be able to help find possibly life-threatening problems. If you are still walking and breathing then chances are you will be alright. However, for the $300 you are contemplating spending, you may well be signing your own death warrant. Money is only useful as long as you are alive.
Erdrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:02 PM   #14
Registered Member

I hope you get better. Did any emergency personal check you out after the accident? Is your friend okay?
kwtorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:14 PM   #15
Supporting Member

when not hypermilling i do 70 on gravel all the time. this makes me think pretty damn hard about speed when haveing fun. most the time i hypermile tho so its not to bad. dude i hope you feel better!!!
Old 05-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtorbe View Post
I hope you get better. Did any emergency personal check you out after the accident? Is your friend okay?
No, we didn't want to deal with any cops, paperwork, or any of that other crap and just left the car in the ditch. A friend drove us home. Matt's okay, but has a few broken bones. He went to the hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey4mnhs
when not hypermilling i do 70 on gravel all the time. this makes me think pretty damn hard about speed when haveing fun. most the time i hypermile tho so its not to bad. dude i hope you feel better!!!
I also drive nuts on dirt roads (I refer to it as rally though). The '93 Accord is pretty good for it. It handles dirt extremly well. This accident wouldn't have happened if I had been driving and it was the Green Machine.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:47 AM   #17
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to OdieTurbo
Wowzers! I'm glad your okay, and your friend too!
Old 05-21-2007, 07:20 AM   #18
Registered Member

Chiropractor.

Now driving '97 Civic HX; tires ~ 50 psi. '89 Volvo 240 = semi-retired.
brucepick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:18 AM   #19
Registered Member

I'm feeling alot better today than I was yesterday. I think that everything is healing on its own.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:54 AM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete86 View Post
No, we didn't want to deal with any cops, paperwork, or any of that other crap and just left the car in the ditch.
Im pretty sure you cant just 'leave it there'. cops will trace the VIN number back...