stickers that will piss people off??? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-25-2007, 06:05 PM   #11
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
why would you want to make anybody upset?? when people are upset they tend to waste more fuel with heavier acceleration. doesnt that go against our cause?

also i dont care how cool anyone thinks they are, but if they are going 10 under the speed limit for more than 5min while i need to be elsewhere i will pass them by whatever means i can. i figure my 5 seconds of being inconsiderate is nothing compared to their 5minutes.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:23 PM   #12
Registered Member

I'm not one for makin' fun. I just want to paint on my primered bumper Gassavers.org so people know what I'm doing when I coast with my engine off and drive slowly...... My war story this week is: I had this jerk in a '01 impala driving 90 in the slow lane bout run me over (I was going the SL of 65)..then he passed me and slammed on his breaks so as to make me take advasive action... I really don't like that guy.

kwtorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #13
Supporting Member

brelandt -

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelandt View Post
I would like some ideas on bumper stickers.

I think one that reads, "Slow down stupid" would be great since so many folks around here can't do math. They think 50mph equals 70mph. I'm tired of getting mowed down.

Anyone else?
You can be oblique. Instead of pissing them off, shame them into driving slower (or at least leaving you alone). Here are permutations of the same sentiment :

Drive Slow to Save Gas to Save GIs
Drive Slow 2 Save Gas 2 Save GIs
Drive Slow = Save Gas = Save GIs

It wouldn't click with some people, but others would be able to "do the math".

Here's another context for this for saving RUBBER, not gas (we always had a tankfull of gas thanks to Texas back then) :

Radio and Propaganda: 1937-1945
http://www.otal.umd.edu/~vg/amst205....homework7.html
Quote:
An example of such cleverness could be found on the popular radio comedy, Fibber McGee and Molly. On December 1, 1942, there was a nationwide gas ration that was put into effect. On four gallons a week and at a speed limit of 35 miles per hour, the government figured that the rationing would prevent citizens from driving too much and thus, the precious commodity of rubber would be saved. On the same night the rationing went into effect, 30 million Americans tuned in to listen to Fibber McGee express his concern over the gas rationing. Cleverly using sarcasm, the radio program pointed out to the public that most driving was unnecessary. The following dialogue between Fibber and Molly illustrates this point:

Molly: Yes, you don?t need four gallons!
Fibber: Doggoneit. I do too. Four gallons is outrageous. Where can I go on four gallons of gas?
Molly: Where do you want to go, dearie?
Fibber: Well?Gee, whiz?What if I did want to go some place? In an emergency or something?
Molly: You mean like running out of cigars?

It was not only Fibber?s sarcasm that convinced people that gas rationing was the right thing to do but it was also the fact that Fibber represented the typical American citizen. He echoed many of the same sentiments that actual citizens did, including those of a disgruntled citizen. At the same time that Fibber appeared to be an average citizen, he was also sending subtle propagation messages. Through Molly, he was told to lighten up and place his trivial self-interests behind national interest.

Giving up much driving in order to save rubber for the war was not a popular measure amongst Americans. However, popular radio programs, like Fibber McGee and Molly, helped to instill in the minds of the public that gas rationing was the patriotic and unselfish thing to do. Like the war effort itself, gas rationing had to be sold to the American people and radio was the perfect means by which to do it.
I tried to find a World War 2 poster on the net that says something like "The patriot's speed limit is 35 miles per hour". Darned if I can't find it. Maybe it was only ever in my head. Here are things along the same line :

Your Car is a War Car Now
http://www.prewarbuick.com/features/...r_is_a_war_now

The Trials of Travel: Transportation at the Bursting Point
http://arcweb.sos.state.or.us/exhibi...ices/trans.htm

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:01 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtorbe View Post
I had this jerk in a '01 impala driving 90 in the slow lane bout run me over (I was going the SL of 65)..then he passed me and slammed on his breaks so as to make me take advasive action...
Some days I wish my car was equipped with retractable paintball guns. Perhaps a locomotive horn would do the trick. Naw, I'll just take my frustrations out on the Grand Theft Auto series .
Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:11 AM   #15
Registered Member

I put this in my window last week. So far no obvious bad fallout. It actually enables me to glide longer with people behind me, I don't feel as bad because other drivers have a better idea of what I'm doing. I didn't want to anger them but more to inform them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fesign.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	444  

jwxr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:32 AM   #16
Registered Member

im sure people dont like my "herbivore" sticker.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:34 AM   #17
*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by argylesocks View Post
im sure people dont like my "herbivore" sticker.
They'll learn!
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:38 AM   #18
Registered Member

Get one like my "CHAVEZ!" sticker with a Citgo logo next to it, that should at least piss some fascists off I need to get a herbivore sticker too!
Old 05-31-2007, 10:38 AM   #19
Registered Member

I need to try out a student driver sign.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:43 AM   #20
*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by proletariandan View Post
Get one like my "CHAVEZ!" sticker with a Citgo logo next to it, that should at least piss some fascists off I need to get a herbivore sticker too!
Are you vegetarian? Interesting...

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote