Support Our Troops Ribbon on a Huge SUV - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2006, 09:28 PM   #21
Registered Member

Does a Merc ML55 AMG take the cake on this? Saw it right before Katrina last year. It had the "how many bodies for a barrel sticker".

Similar to a pro communist bumpersticker I saw on an S Class once years ago?

-Emil Faber
Spule 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:33 PM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher
98% of those displaying those stupid yellow ribbons are brainless ideologues who refuse to acknowledge the facts. The other 2% probably have family that was in the service prior to the Iraq invasion but for some reason feel compelled to tell the public to simply ignore the facts so that they can feel better about it.
You are not implying jingosim are you? I thought that was un-American right now <wink>.

The real value of these is the magnet versions will do a real number to your paint jobs apparently.

-Emil Faber
Spule 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:53 PM   #23
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
Quote:
Yup, that's pretty much it except I don't know how it can be in our national interests to be energy and resource pigs.
It's certainly in the interests of our overbloated government and our corporations, both hell-bent on maximizing consumer spending, taxes, economic growth, control over the individual, and profit, at all costs, even if it entails oil wars, loss of civil liberties, or outright ecocide.
The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:40 AM   #24
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toecutter
It's certainly in the interests of our overbloated government and our corporations, both hell-bent on maximizing consumer spending, taxes, economic growth, control over the individual, and profit, at all costs, even if it entails oil wars, loss of civil liberties, or outright ecocide.
Except it's economic growth only for the chosen industries.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:28 AM   #25
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland
someone did a study a few years back as to peoples political veiws, and the type of vehicles that they drive, after hearing the person speek who did the study, it makes sence that people who drive SUV's would also suport a nations pollicy bullying and violence twards other.
Really?

That's interesting.
LincolnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:14 AM   #26
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90CivicStandard
Really?

That's interesting.
That's certainly consistent with what I've seen over the years in threads where SUV fans debate the validity of SUV waste against people who think otherwise. Unless the SUV owner legitimized their use, for example as occasional off-road where no other vehicle would fill the bill, they invariably ended up losing their own arguments and resorted to threats, saying something like "Well y'all better stay outta my way or ah'll jes drive my 4-BY-4 over yer effing little rice boxes." It seemed they almost universally showed off their true colors as wannabe bullys.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:17 AM   #27
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toecutter
Yes, yes, yes! But the underlying ( I love the "lying" part...) reason for all this madness is the consumer! (S)he swallows all this garbage as gospel...and spends that "disposable" cash for trash & tripe! To buy, to want, to keep up with....
Then..."Did you vote?" Me? I vote "No" every time! LOL!
Ted Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:08 PM   #28
Registered Member

Gotta buy big domestic SUV's, i mean after all their domestics right? If you told people you bought your Honda, Toyota, Nissan, to support the U.S. no one would believe you (except car maker CEO's) Just like no one believes their Big 3 car is made in Mexico or Canada, when all it takes is reading the production sticker a bit closer.

I dream of a day all americans can read, AND comprehend! Or atleast more than half, heck I"d be happy with 20%.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:11 PM   #29
Registered Member

Ah! It's all THEIR fault!

I have this wonderful idea.... To Hedouble hockey sticks with 'em! Life's too short to fight / worry about all the morons in this world! The supply is endless!
Life is so short (especially when you've seen so much of it!)....

Ted Hart is offline   Reply With Quote