The 2007 RezMobile Miser is complete! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-05-2006, 08:43 PM   #1
Registered Member

Smile The 2007 RezMobile Miser is complete!

The 2007 RezMobile is finally finished. View it here:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2478493

Attachment 97

The next semester I'll make a model of a single seater, ultra aerodynamic, HPV and possibly make a fully funcional one this summer!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM001102.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	85  

Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:05 PM   #2
Registered Member

Yeah it was for school. The project came under fire from my Professor because she kept asking: "...but why? What's the content of this work?". Whatever. I spent about one month on each model, so it wasn't like I was slacking off all semester.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:22 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher
Well... gotta admit, I have the same question as the Prof...
I simply enjoy drawing and creating model automobiles. It's what I get my 'jollies' from. I like how I can start with an automobile sketch, re-create the sketch into 2-dimensional parts using a mathematical system, and putting it all together to create a 3-dimensional form.

"Content" of artwork is "the ideas that the artist communicates with the viewer beyond the physicality of the artwork itself". Essentially, "content" is supposed to prevent artists from creating "pretty pictures' solely to make money. A perfect example of an artist with no content to his work is Robert Bateman. He's bloody rich because he make pretty pictures, but he has no social or political agenda. Does that make him less of an artist? That's the big question.

The issue is that I created the RezMobile (both the Miser I, II, and Relic) because I enjoyed it. I had fun while making them. I currently haven't grasped the notion of making art because I'm trying to make a social, political, etc. statement to the public. If that were the case, I don't think I'd even go to class because I would find it boring. I simply do this because it helps engage my imagination.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #4
Supporting Member

Peakster -

I voted go for it! What would be the other specs? Would you use a tubular frame?

Way back in 1987 or 1988 I think, I synergized one project across two classes and made a 3D Parametric Parthenon program. After the class was over, one of the professors prohibited other students from doing something like this. What he didn't know was that I was having so much fun that I worked alot more on the project than anyone else, so I don't think I was "cheating".

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:09 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83
I voted go for it! What would be the other specs? Would you use a tubular frame?
If I had lots of money and the skills, I'd definitely make a 'space frame' like the Pontiac Fiero had. Only in my case, I'd make the frame out of aluminum instead of steel (even though the process of making aluminum kills the environment big time). Carbon fibre panels would be nice too.

I have a tendancy of creating projects that are way over my head, so I think realistically 2x4 framing and plywood would be most cost effective if I were to make one this summer! I would sure like to know what member basjoos used as material for his areodynamic modifications. It would be lighter than plywood.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:10 PM   #6
Supporting Member

Peakster -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakster
If I had lots of money and the skills, I'd definitely make a 'space frame' like the Pontiac Fiero had. Only in my case, I'd make the frame out of aluminum instead of steel (even though the process of making aluminum kills the environment big time). Carbon fibre panels would be nice too.

I have a tendancy of creating projects that are way over my head, so I think realistically 2x4 framing and plywood would be most cost effective if I were to make one this summer! I would sure like to know what member basjoos used as material for his areodynamic modifications. It would be lighter than plywood.
You could also take a VW bug, remove the body and engine, and start with the VW floor pan as a base. It should be pretty light without the body. I used to lust after the Kit Cars and there used to be a company that offered a full VW running chassis. They would even cut the pan to shorten the wheelbase to your specification. I doubt that they exist anymore. Your design definitely has a shorter wheelbase than a bug, so you'd have to shorten it yourself.

Take a welding class!!!

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:13 AM   #7

Inspector Gadget-mobile!
Attached Images

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote