The Air Car - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-24-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
Registered Member

The Air Car

Anybody seen this or is this an old post. Sorry for the inconinience. I searched and no find. www.theaircar.com Car runs on compressed air held in carbonfibre tanks on the bottom. When running on air only the can reach approx. 68mph and up to 150miles per tank. It seats 6 people depending on model, Van, truck 3seater, taxi, family 6 seater. Comes with airbags and an aluminum race spec frame. Some parts of the website will bring you away from the english version so watch out for that. I found it very interesting. The car runs off compressed and natural air, so it filters out all contaminants from the outside air and expells completel clean air rangin from 0 through -15 degree F air out the tailpipe, which can be used for the ac. Read more on the website I'm tired now. Oh but its expensive for now 13K for the three seater and 19K for the rest.

Old 02-24-2007, 11:01 AM   #2
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Funny, I was thinking about one of those recently. I was thinking of some imaginative ways of compressing the air... like with a windmill, water turbine, etc.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:09 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
I couldn't find information on how much energy can be stored in the compressed air tank and how efficient the engine that runs off of it is. These are two critical factors in determining whether or not the manufacturer's claims are real or hype. Personally, I think the concept is plausible, but I'm really in want of data before I say for sure. Until I get it, I'm going to consider this car nothing more than hype.
The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 04:42 AM   #4
Registered Member

e-mail mythbusters!!!!!